Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a big bunch of parts I found two unnumbered plumb handled bolts. They looked well used. No indication of file marks. Is it unusual to find Japanese rifle parts without numbers?

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
In a big bunch of parts I found two unnumbered plumb handled bolts. They looked well used. No indication of file marks. Is it unusual to find Japanese rifle parts without numbers?
On occasion, the unnumbered (but properly proofed) bolts from late Jinsen T-99 rifles will be encountered. Other than that, unnumbered bolts aren't a common occurance.

C/

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,662 Posts
Interesting, When I picked up my Kokura 2.5x Sniper recently I had the same question on the unnumbered bolt. Same thing, genuine sniper bolt and no indication of ever been numbered, but with correct proofs. Vic Soto said not unusual for these early Kokura sniper bolts to be unnumbered. Learn something every day, and I almost passed on it because of the bolt. Glad now I didn't. Skid

·
Silver Bullet member
15,623 Posts
I have a late nagoya bolt, no numbers, in a no number substitute 99.

One would expect some replacement bolts to be around, but they were likely numbered if installed at any facility above the field level, IMHO.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
I recall someone mentioning that the armorer carried a few spares for repair in the field. Might be one of those.

·
Banned
277 Posts
numberless bolts

Many trainers have unnumbered bolts. There are Concentric Circle rifles sans numbers on the reciever as well as the bolt. All that comes to mind to me. Doug

·
Registered
8,145 Posts
My no serial number Nagoya CC rifle obviously has a no number bolt in it. Perhaps these were left over items? Field replacements from an armorers repair chest?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts