Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have wanted a Krag-Jorgensen for quite some time, and now it is here. Somewhat embarassed to admit that after looking over the Danish bolt for quite some time, I am still not sure how to install it. Anyone care to explain?

The rifle has a nice bore, wood is a bit rough, but all there, missing a knob for the magazine loading gate, so if anyone has a clue on that, would appreciate some ideas on where to find one.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Easy to do, kind of hard to explain:confused: But, lift the extractor up off the bolt so it clears the bolt face and swing it to the right. Now with the front lug straight up slide it into the receiver and push forward while guiding the extractor back to the left, up over the receiver wall and it should snap right into place. Sometimes if things aren't lined up quite right you might have to pull back on the cocking piece and rotate it and the bolt shroud into the position so everything clears and rotates like it supposed as you push the bolt forward. Yeah, these are little different than a Mauser bolt;) If you take the bolt apart completely, watch out for the firing pin when you remove that. The firing pin is a two piece type, kind of like the '03 Springfield, and is under considerable spring tension. The firing pin tip can fly a long ways and it can crack window panes if you are close enough.:D I'd rather not get into that story;):D

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Get the NRA Rifle Disassembly book and look up the US Krag. It is the same for Dane/Norski Krags.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kriggevaer, your instructions worked like a charm, thanks!

Quality of this picture is rather poor, but had to include it to show you that I was successful in getting the bolt installed.

The rifle was missing the correct knob for the magazine loading gate, and previous owner devised a piece of wood to make the rifle functional. If anyone has a lead on an authentic knob, I would appreciate hearing about it.

thanks again.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
The loading gate knob is going to be tough one to find. Just not a lot of Danish K-J parts out there. Will keep my eyes and ears open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.