Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
40,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bobby Jindal: 'I Absolutely Reject' Mitt Romney's 'Gifts' Explanation For Obama Victo
Bobby Jindal: 'I Absolutely Reject' Mitt Romney's 'Gifts' Explanation For Obama Victory
The Huffington Post | By Mollie Reilly
Posted: 11/14/2012 8:33 pm EST Updated: 11/14/2012 9:03 pm EST

Lousiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) rebuffed Mitt Romney's claim that President Obama won reelection because of "gifts" to minorities and young voters, calling the statement "wrong."

"That is absolutely wrong," Jindal said at Wednesday's session of the annual Republican Governors Association meeting in Las Vegas, according to the Washington Examiner's Byron York. "I absolutely reject that notion."

“I don’t think that represents where we are as a party and where we’re going as a party," Jindal continued. “That has got to be one of the most fundamental takeaways from this election: If we’re going to continue to be a competitive party and win elections on the national stage and continue to fight for our conservative principles, we need two messages to get out loudly and clearly: One, we are fighting for 100 percent of the votes, and secondly, our policies benefit every American who wants to pursue the American dream. Period. No exceptions."

The New York Times reported Wednesday afternoon on Romney's comments, which he made during a conference call with his presidential campaign's national finance committee.

"With regards to the young people, for instance, a forgiveness of college loan interest, was a big gift," Romney said. "Free contraceptives were very big with young college-aged women. And then, finally, Obamacare also made a difference for them, because as you know, anybody now 26 years of age and younger was now going to be part of their parents' plan, and that was a big gift to young people. They turned out in large numbers, a larger share in this election even than in 2008."

Romney also said that "free health care" was a "big plus" for Hispanic and African-American voters, who overwhelmingly supported the president in last week's election.

While Jindal actively campaigned for Romney during the general election, the Louisiana governor has recently issued pointed criticism on Romney's candidacy. In a Tuesday interview with The Huffington Post's Jon Ward, Jindal said Romney did little to inspire voters on his plan for the country.

"Mitt Romney is an honorable man. He's a good honest man. He deserves our respect, and our gratitude," Jindal said. "The reality of it, the campaign was too much about biography. It wasn't enough about a vision of where they wanted to take our country, and how they would do it ... The reality is people are not being inspired by a biography."

·
Silver Bullet member
34,388 Posts
Piyush, a/k/a "Booby Jihad", is trying to set the stage for a run in 2016. He's dissing Romney in order to start distancing himself from the losing strategy that Romney/the GOP used.

The Hispanics voted for Obama because they envision a Dem-run big government taking care of them. The young people voted for Hussein because Obama promised to lower student loan interest rates and because they have been inculcated by a liberal-dominated education system to automatically think that "Dem=good, Repug=bad". And blacks voted for BO because Obama's black and they're convinced that he'll give them free sh*t.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
40,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
" He's dissing Romney in order to start distancing himself from the losing strategy that Romney/the GOP used."

That seems reasonable enough.

·
Silver Bullet member
34,388 Posts
" He's dissing Romney in order to start distancing himself from the losing strategy that Romney/the GOP used."

That seems reasonable enough.
Hell, I'd do the same thing were I in Jindal's shoes.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Maybe white people voted for Obama because they did not want to see Willard's "You silly peasants!" smirk on the TV every day.

Worst campaign I ever saw.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,579 Posts
Then there is obama's smirk and his shrill voice.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,346 Posts
Then there is obama's smirk and his shrill voice.
Did he cultivate that "looking down his nose at the inferior crackers" look? Or does it come natural?

·
Silver Bullet member
34,388 Posts
Did he cultivate that "looking down his nose at the inferior crackers" look? Or does it come natural?
He took lessons from George Plimpton...

·
58,579 Posts
Cultivated perhaps.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
In this case, I might be tempted to agree with Bobby Jindal......It wasn't "gifts", but perhaps some folks just don't know how to count :confused:

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/the-big-list-of-vote-fraud-reports/

ROB THE VOTE
THE BIG LIST of vote fraud reports

108% of voting population endorses Obama

the article is too long to copy and paste here.....

·
Registered
439 Posts
Given the standards that World Nut Daily usually meets in reporting, I am not greatly concerned.

Given that Republicans control most of the process of voting and registering voters, I would suspect that it is more likely a vote-rigging that back-fired.

As for the stories of inelligible voters voting, the only voter fraud that we know of was committed by a shady Republican operative named Sproul.

Democvrats have been saying since 2000 that the votes were rigged, and objecting to black box voting.

Maybe someone will listen to us now and go back to paper the way that most of the civilized world does it.

·
58,579 Posts
When there were paper ballots, it was a lot of fun. Everyone would gather at the courthoue, have a few beers and every now and then they would bring out new totals. Everybody was happy (after the few beers of course.)

·
Silver Bullet member
36,346 Posts
Given the standards that World Nut Daily usually meets in reporting, I am not greatly concerned.
OMG, the end is nigh. Dec 21, 2012 approaches!

LEFTY HAS POSTED SOMETHING I AGREE WITH!

Now if he'd just inject some sanity into the rest of his post instead of conspiracy theories about the Republicans really controlling everything, under orders from a bunch of fat guys in tails and top hats carrying bags with dollar signs on them, he might almost be worth reading.

Hint for Lefty: Add the Daily Kos, MSNBC to the list of unrealiable sources, just for starters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts