Gunboards Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
• No Want To Buy (WTB) Want To Sell (WTS) Or Want To Trade (WTT) Ads Are Allowed. Use the Gunboards.com Trader for such postings.

Parts Needed. You may post a request for specific Martini repair parts.

NO COMMERICAL POSTINGS If you are a gun dealer, Militaria dealer, pawn shop owner, or run a commercial business that is related to items that might be listed on this site and you are not a sponsor you are not allowed to post items for sale or trade on these boards. While the boards are a free service to the public, the site itself does not run itself for free. Just as you could not list for free in Shotgun News, Guns Digest, or like publications you may not post for free on these boards. We have a number of very affordable sponsorship rates which will allow trader posting so contact Tuco or Vic if you are interested in becoming a sponsor.

No posting of links to live Auctions. Do not post ongoing "live" auctions. You may post when auctions are completed but no mention or promoting of current auction items is allowed on Gunboards.com.

Trolling, Baiting, and or Flaming another member.. Posts that attack, bait or flame may be deleted and the IP of the poster noted. The poster will be assessed minimum of 15 conduct points per post.. This includes signature lines and avatars. If you respond to a flame or personal attack with your own flame or personal attack you will also be penalized

Please do not use foul language. If the use of foul language is noticed the entire posting will be deleted. KEEP IT CLEAN!

Do not answer or praise yourself with false handles or nicknames. This is noted when it happens and is frowned upon by Gunboards.Com.

Do not post of ongoing auctions. You may post when auctions are completed but no mention or promoting of auction items is allowed.

Treat others with the same respect as you expect to have others treat you.
The Topic is Martini's. All Martini's may be discussed. Topic drift will be tolerated as long as the post also refers to Martini's.

No politics or religion. Discussion of politics and religion unless directly related to Martini's have no place here, take such discussions somewhere else. Such posts will be edited or deleted and offenders issued a warning for first offense and 5 point penalties for all others. This includes signature lines and avatars.

No Hotlinking without permission of copyright holder. The hotlinking or copying the work of others from anywhere on the internet without the specific permission of the copyright holder is a violation Digital Millennium Act and is not allowed on the board. You may quote the work of others but you must provide a citation identifying the source. Posting a link to a page will not be considered a credit. You must identify the source in your post.

Reactions: ChristinaE

·
Super Moderator
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Annual update

·
Super Moderator
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Annual update-new rule added about hotlinking

·
Super Moderator
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The purpose of this forum is expressed in the Gunboards Header.

"One of the more interesting of the older rifle systems that are highly prized by collectors. If you want to talk Martini or any of its many variations this is your forum"

That’s what we are all about here. Talking about collecting Martini’s, building Martini’s, restoring Martini’s, shooting Martini’s and anything related.

But what we are not is a gripe board. We are not a customer service center.

If you wish to complain about a company or some business transaction this is not the place for it. The first place you should go if you have such a problem is the company. If you still do not have satisfaction, I suggest you contact an attorney.

If you buy a product and it meets the description the seller gives it, you have no complaint. If others got better than the description and you did not, but the item meets the description, you may be disappointed, but you have no complaint. If you come to this forum and complain it will be received as whining and treated as such. Whining is a personal attack. Personal attacks are not tolerated for any reason.

If you encounter counterfeit or fraudulent representation of Martini’s you may report that as warning to all. You will have to substantiate the claim. Just because you are unhappy with an items condition is not fraud. If you fail to substantiate your claim it may be considered a personal attack.

If you see a personal attack or have a complaint about the contents of a post click on the Report Post icon. The report post icon is the triangle with exclamation point in the lower left corner of each post. When you click on the icon the report post window will open. Enter some information telling me what is wrong with the post and why. Give me enough information so I can take action or at least decide if action is warranted.

If you see a personal attack and reporting the post is not good enough, send me an email.

Do not respond to personal attacks, report the post. If you respond and retaliate it may be treated as a personal attack and treated accordingly.

Please enjoy talking about your Martini’s here, but no whiners!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Very clearly posted in the board rules at the top of this board is this rule.

No Want To Buy (WTB) Want To Sell (WTS) Or Want To Trade (WTT) Ads Are Allowed. Use the Gunboards.com Trader for such postings.

This is a Gunboards rule, not my rule. I, as moderator must in enforce this rule. When this rule was established, I argued to allow only Martini's WTB, WTS or WTT trade here. I was over ruled. We were only allowed to have WTB for a specific part for a Martini. Nothing else.

If you post here requesting a valuation for a gun with the purpose or intent of selling you are in violation of Gunboard Rules and I must take action. Penalty points will be issued.

There is nothing wrong with asking for a valuations. But don't even suggest it is for the purpose of sale or trade.

·
Super Moderator
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Periodic reminder. If you haven'y read these rules lately, I suggest review them again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.