Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems as if the resets its self after a couple weeks. I have made many posts and they are all gone. Next my password was suddenly no good had to reset that. Everything that has been posted is gone. My number of posts is gone. The search still doesn't work. The link to the sight works one day and no good the next. I know there will be problems getting started with the new board and I am sorry to sound upset. But there wasn't this many problems on the old board. I had over 310 posts on that board and about 20 on this one. Why does it keep reseting? John

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is weird. Look at the top right of the page it says:Join Date: Dec 1969

·
Registered
311 Posts
New Software
2 weeks ago it was changed but has not worked out very well,so they purchased new Software and here we are today
All is right with the World Now

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
67,538 Posts
They are using a new board program because the previous one had bugs in it. The only way to get rid of the bugs was to start completely over - namely no old posts. The bugs were in the old posts and affected the entire system.

There was a message posted by Tuco several days ago telling of this problem and the fact that the only way to get rid of it was to start fresh with everything.

I understand that the old boards will be made available for a bit so that people can "cut and paste" from the old boards to this one.

Don't worry about the post count. I had over 8100 posts on the old board and 292 in the short lived board and I am starting over at 'zero' also.

·
Gold Bullet member
490 Posts
Where is the WTS/T forum?

Some of the forums have vanished right in the middle of transactions. What gives? Very concerned!!! I'm sure everything will get back to normal eventually. Has my join date as Dec. of 69, I was knee deep in S--- in Vietnam at that time! Just had to vent frustrations!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think most people don't know how different the software and databases are for the these two versions of forums. It would take some programmers (who make $75-150 per hour consulting) many days (maybe weeks) to move over all the posts, a user's post count, etc., not screw it up, and make sure that everything still worked correctly. It would cost more and is more work than it's worth.

The nice thing is that vBulletin is very nice forum software. This should work out very well. I was always hopeing Gunboards would upgrade to something like this.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is great forum software and will be worth it in the end. Too bad about losing the old posts...there was a WEALTH of info on here that'll be missed.

·
Administrator
19,257 Posts
It seems as if the resets its self after a couple weeks. I have made many posts and they are all gone. Next my password was suddenly no good had to reset that. Everything that has been posted is gone. My number of posts is gone. The search still doesn't work. The link to the sight works one day and no good the next. I know there will be problems getting started with the new board and I am sorry to sound upset. But there wasn't this many problems on the old board. I had over 310 posts on that board and about 20 on this one. Why does it keep reseting? John
Because you have not read one thing that was posted in the announcement sections of the boards. We have moved to a completely different system because the old one had irreconcilable problems. Why is your post count 0? Because this is a new system and you have never posted here before. Why is your password not working-because we moved 34,000 user names and your password was encrypted-it could not be moved to this system. Why are there no posts? Because the data was corrupted and there will be no posts here until we post them. The old Gunboards will be brought up for users to post with a cut and past what ever they want into the forum such as research etc.. and I will make that available in the next few days.

Basically guys you are not even supposed to be here. The board change DNS happened much quicker then we thought and frankly we have not even had time to set all the settings and functions properly. So you are seeing a work in progress that you should never have even seen right now. Does that answer everybody's inquires as what happened?

·
Silver Bullet member
1,421 Posts
Vic,
This board is already excellent! Thanks again.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Don't feel bad; I spent that Xmas in Okinawa.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just thought it was weird how it said I joined in 1969. I wasn't even born yet. I would like to say to all the people working on the board and all the problems its having with changing over THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK!!! I know the new board is basicaly still under construction and I am sure when all is done it will be fantastic. I wonder just how the old board will be offered to us to cut and paste old topics? As a link maybe? Right before the old board died I was going to buy some gunboards t-shirts that were for sale on the board then the link was gone. Does anyone know where to get them or have the link? John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts