Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a follow up to another post that I responded to.
I bought this rifle about 25 or so years ago from my dad's coworker who's brother had served during the war and brought it back. I've got nothing to prove that.
I do remember that $200.00 was alot for a recent college grad back then and my dad picked up half of it. Oh yeah....I haven't paid him back yet....hope he doesn't want interest.... I put the sight hood and cleaning rod on it.
#'s matching rifle. Semi Kreigs. No #'s on the stock or in the channel. A small eagle H located as expected where expected but the wood is kind of swollen and laminations lifting a little. I can't see any inspection marks on the pistol grip area. Stock seems a little oversized in the butt and grip area. A "7" foolowed by a "5" under the butt plate with an "NA" under those two #'s. Stock has small and large laminations as noted in this "S" bolck series in a couple books. Stamps look like typical Styer for that period. As you can see...the bolt shroud is rough cast.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Incorrect stock or not, it's a nice incorrect stock to have! Visible C or not that is clearly a gustloff stock by the shape. Very nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts