Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at one of these the other day, and realized that it had no serial number on the receiver, or waffenampts whatsoever. No grind marks either. Is this unusual? I'm almost positive it's a restored sporter.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 44 bnz has 2 waa's on the right side, just above the woodline. Serial is on the barrel.
Yours has none at all? Nowhere?
No, the only numbers are on the bolt, safety and floorplate. This is a rifle I mentioned in a previous post that was rebarreled to .308 and has a nice bore.
It has a semi kriegs stock, and org. sling. Would anyone think it was worth $249?

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I remember the rifle being mentioned in a previous post. No wAa's anywhere? Are the numbers that are visible original German, and match? (not that it matters, being a 308 convert). Is the stock marked in any way?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I remember the rifle being mentioned in a previous post. No wAa's anywhere? Are the numbers that are visible original German, and match? (not that it matters, being a 308 convert). Is the stock marked in any way?
IIRC, the matching numbers are on the bolt, safety and floorplate, I don't believe the bands were numbered, but I'd have to look again.
As for the stock, I believe there was an H on it, and about 10" below the trigger there was a 5 digit number, in about 12pt. font. About half the size you'd see on an RC, and in a different spot.
If I can get them down to $175 OTD, I might go for it.......

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
The original ser nr was on the bbl. With that gone there is no way to tell if it had been a completely matching rifle or when in 44 it was made. The stock is not likely to be the original either because Steyr didn't use semi Kriegs, only full Kriegs stocks. Most of those were either not numbered or only in the bbl channel.
IF you buy it, you have an interesting shooter - Nothing else. Shoot & enjoy.
Sarge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.