Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just received my bnz 43 Single Claw tribute back the other day and got a chance to shoot some quick pics. I had to use inside lighting since it's raining out.
I started off with an import marked bnz 43 barreled receiver that was in a known single claw letter block ("d"). It had actually had the front and rear sights removed, the original solder was still in place. I spent a couple years finding a correct WaA code Norwegian capture stock w/bands, correct WaA trigger guard/floor plate/capture screws, and correct WaA code front and rear sights. When it came to the bolt I ended up using an early WaA63 bolt just because I got such a good deal on it. The mounts/bases are Igor reproductions and the scope is an Iron Elite reproduction "bmj" scope.
Please message me if you happen to have a legit worn front sight hood and cleaning rod.
I'll be sure to post up range results once I get a chance to get out. Another one complete, low turret build is shipping off next.

Here is the K-98k sniper family so far.....

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,608 Posts
Very nice. You don't see many single claw builds. Real ones are extremely rare. The majority of d block rifles you mention are 1944 rifles, not 1943 though. I would like to have a shooter like this. How did the cost of building this one compare to the other variations? Thanks for sharing.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice. You don't see many single claw builds. Real ones are extremely rare. The majority of d block rifles you mention are 1944 rifles, not 1943 though. I would like to have a shooter like this. How did the cost of building this one compare to the other variations? Thanks for sharing.
I stand corrected, as long as there were Single Claws built in 1943 I am happy. Not that it makes too much of a difference since the letter block and receiver code is covered (and its a clone). Cost was about the same, however I was able to find a reproduction scope for less than half what they sold for new (sources say $700-800). If you are looking to build a Single Claw Igor has relisted mounts after finding a few laying around. I just saw a set of them sell for under $100 at auction a little over a week ago.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,608 Posts
I stand corrected, as long as there were Single Claws built in 1943 I am happy. Not that it makes too much of a difference since the letter block and receiver code is covered (and its a clone). Cost was about the same, however I was able to find a reproduction scope for less than half what they sold for new (sources say $700-800). If you are looking to build a Single Claw Igor has relisted mounts after finding a few laying around. I just saw a set of them sell for under $100 at auction a little over a week ago.
Yes they made single claws in 1943. Not nearly as many as 1944 but they exist. I may have to go buy some mounts. A sling claw shooter would be fun. Let me know how well the scope holds up to shooting. I just finished a Low turret shooter myself.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes they made single claws in 1943. Not nearly as many as 1944 but they exist. I may have to go buy some mounts. A sling claw shooter would be fun. Let me know how well the scope holds up to shooting. I just finished a Low turret shooter myself.

View attachment 2265666 View attachment 2265674 View attachment 2265682 View attachment 2265690
I really dig the look of that LT! It has a definite "warhorse" look to it. Looks like you have a "mr-raygun" set of lens caps from eBay, great items that I use myself. What mounts/bases did you end up using?

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
455 Posts
Excuse my ignorance of German snipers, did the Germans actually make one that used the PEM and PU scopes and mounts or are those "what if" rifles?

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Excuse my ignorance of German snipers, did the Germans actually make one that used the PEM and PU scopes and mounts or are those "what if" rifles?
Yes, they created these rifles with captured Soviet scopes/mounts. They were known as field armorer builds.

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,608 Posts
I really dig the look of that LT! It has a definite "warhorse" look to it. Looks like you have a "mr-raygun" set of lens caps from eBay, great items that I use myself. What mounts/bases did you end up using?
Thanks. Vaughn99 did the work for me. The rings are accumont. The front base is a original Argentinian base (which is why it looks so good). I had Vaughn age the scope rings a little to make it match a little better. The scope is a war time commercial Carl Zeiss scope. Still working on zeroing it in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.