Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Finally.... After trying a couple different trigger groups. Found one that dropped in without a lot of bedding work on the stock. Still need to enhance the relief on the mag for the bolt stop, but all-told, I'm happy.
Yes, I have the compensator for it too, but it was giving me some allignment issues getting the gas nut in, so....
There must be minor differences between the purpose built receivers, as I need to change the stock inlet for the bolt catch lever too. As you can see, it's in the right spot, but it's 1/8 inch more forward than needed to work with the stock inlet and mag notch.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Silver Bullet member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Machining note: @IRON WORKER , (would you agree) to avoid trimming the magazine, you need to machine the rear of the bolt stop catch recess back further, and make sure the milled slot for the stop is back as far as you can (without getting into the inner structure of the receiver) just because the stop fits doesn't mean it's in the "correct" place. You can see I milled my slot almost flush with the Garand recess, and it was almost 100k too far forward.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
According to the blueprint Mike made , the right side wall was .092 " off the centerline of the original hole below the cutout.
That does cut into original wall just a little ,and the .225 width is then opened from that wall.
I've never measured an original though.That hole is also increased to .445" diameter.

If your already off location forward the bolt will always push catch against that front side into mag feed lip.
You can weld that forward edge if off. , Use copper backer inside . You might contact Bowman Arms and see if he still has BM59 demilled barreled actions .
They were $100 , cut BM59 receiver and barrel.Good referance.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Looking today and doing a manual function test, I shouldn't need to adjust my slot, as during normal operation, bullet-on-bullet drag moves the bullet rim ahead of my mag trim. (Better lucky than good ..) ... But if I make another receiver.... Another "learning on the fly" moment.

And that hole serves no purpose if you don't have the select fire installed. I didn't even mill it out.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts