Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my CZ-82 from AIM yesterday...paid the extra $10 for handpick and I really got a beauty!

There are only a few small places where the bare metal is showing. What is the best touch up bluing to use. The bluing pen that looks like a sharpie? If so, which one (blue or black)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have(had) the same little chips that you are describing on your CZ82. I used Brownell's Dicropan T4 touch up to cover them and it works fairly well. Since the original finish seems to be some kind of paint and not bluing, it won't be a seamless job. Much better than seeing those little chips though. They were driving me nuts!

Good luck!

R.H.

·
Registered
56 Posts

I got my CZ-82 from Aim 2 weeks ago. It finish looks super, but the grip look pretty bad. I am waiting for the wooden grip from Dennis. I did NOT pay the the extra $10 hand pick.
The finish on my CZ-82 does not look like paint.

Got my CZ-82 from AIM yesterday...paid the extra $10 for handpick and I really got a beauty!

There are only a few small places where the bare metal is showing. What is the best touch up bluing to use. The bluing pen that looks like a sharpie? If so, which one (blue or black)?

·
Copper Bullet member
2,477 Posts
on one of my CZ-82's
I didn't like the paint on mine so took the grips and the slide off put the gun in a pan of paint stripper then buff all the metal with a fine wire wheel then cold blued it

the other one I shipped off an had it hard chromed

NORM

·
Registered
322 Posts
When I ordered my CZ-82 from AIM they didn't even offer a handpick, said they were all excellent. The one I got is like brand new inside and out, but has one small chip in the paint near the muzzle. The grips are like brand new.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I took Norm sugestion and did the COLD Blue as an experiment.
Before:

To neutralize the blue chemical, I gave it a Hoppe 9 bath:

After (Hoppe 9 was yet to clean):

I found those grip screws from my Compaq computer case. They work perfectly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts