Gunboards Forums banner

Blade Show Find

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  madcratebuilder 
#1 · (Edited)
I went to the Blade Show near Atlanta today. Lots of great bladesmiths, knife makers and all the big cutlery manufactures like Gerber, SOG, Kershaw, etc. were showing their wares. If you are into blades, you will love the fantastic knives at the Blade Show. Lots of collectible knives and such also.

One fellow had tables full of M-1, 03 bayonets, machetes, Bolo knives and such and he knew what they were worth. At the other end of his tables, he had a pile of AK and AKM bayonets, mostly Romanian but a couple that the tag said were Hungarian marked, Yugo Mauser and a couple of VZ52 bayonets. I kept looking for the 02 stamp on the Hungarian somewhere but couldn't see it.

As I put it down, I noticed the pommel of what looked like an Enfield Bayonet. I dug it out and it turned out to be a WSC stamped No. 5, Mk 1 Jungle Carbine Bayonet with scabbard. That was great, I haven't seen one for sale for a long time. Then I turned over the price tag and it said $25.00. Needless to say, it came home with me. My non-import stamped Jungle Carbine is now complete. I am indeed a happy camper.

#2 ·
Awww nice one! Last gun show I went to I found a bayonet on a table that was for the Indian 1A, their localised L1A1. It was the long bladed version with wooden grips. The tag on it said that it was an "experimental" Jungle Carbine bayonet and had a price tag of Au$700.00!!!! I should've gone to your show instead :)

#3 ·
At least the price had dropped! If it's the one I looke at (at Shepparton I think) it was $1100. At this rate it'll drop to it's market value in under five years!

Great catch on the No5 bayonet, guitarzan! Good to hear the occasional bargain still comes up!

#5 · (Edited)
I went to the Blade Show near Atlanta today. Lots of great bladesmiths, knife makers and all the big cutlery manufactures like Gerber, SOG, Kershaw, etc. were showing their wares. If you are into blades, you will love the fantastic knives at the Blade Show. Lots of collectible knives and such also.

One fellow had tables full of M-1, 03 bayonets, machetes, Bolo knives and such and he knew what they were worth. At the other end of his tables, he had a pile of AK and AKM bayonets, mostly Romanian but a couple that the tag said were Hungarian marked, Yugo Mauser and a couple of VZ52 bayonets. I kept looking for the 02 stamp on the Hungarian somewhere but couldn't see it.

As I put it down, I noticed the pommel of what looked like an Enfield Bayonet. I dug it out and it turned out to be a WSC stamped No. 5, Mk 1 Jungle Carbine Bayonet with scabbard. That was great, I haven't seen one for sale for a long time. Then I turned over the price tag and it said $25.00. Needless to say, it came home with me. My non-import stamped Jungle Carbine is now complete. I am indeed a happy camper.
A couple of -------- are selling several 1905 bayonets for $500 - $800 and change on eBay right now. Most of them are the common makers of the 10" and 16" blades. One Wilde Tool bayonet might be worth about $500, but not the others...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.