Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,042 Posts
Thanks. I did not need to spend that $105 shipped, but eh, haven’t seen surplus ammo this cheap in ages, so what the hey… I will now have 450 rounds of the infamous Turk 8mm to feed my Mausers. Last time I shot 40 rounds of PPU in one go, I had a pretty epic bruise the next day, so this should last me a while.

· Registered
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jacket on 1950s Turk is brass color and I remember it as non-magnetic. Some one could check.

No way to select dates from online sellers though, Gun show buyers might look for it.
Much of what I received a few months ago was nickeled IFRC. Will check later, or advise once my 1.5M arrive

· Registered
289 Posts
I got my 1500 rounds yesterday and 2/3 were bright and like new. The other 1/3 shows varying levels of tarnish or slight corrosion. I took those off the clips and put them loose in an ammo can. There were a mixture of clips as well. I got a lot of them on the earlier Turkish 3 piece clips. I didn't notice any cracked necks, but I found a few with loose bullets. I'm definitely happy with it for the price!

PS: If you're really meticulous stacking them, you can fit 640 rounds on clips in a 50 cal ammo can

Wood Rectangle Bullet Gas Tobacco
Rectangle Material property Wood Gun accessory Cuisine

· Registered
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
shot 60 rds through a partisan M48A with zero issues. No delay to fire, accurate, and good extraction. Earliest HS was 1937 and latest 1950. Most were ‘42-45.
Finger Wood Thumb Nail Bullet

Hood Textile Wood String instrument Automotive exterior

Cigar Tobacco Wood Gesture Finger

1 - 12 of 12 Posts