Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a BKS that I accidentally bought at auction, and find it has an aftermarket magazine, appears to be the type Numrich sells with the funky looking follower.

I noted that some sellers of BKS/Starlight mags show them to be the same as BM & BKM, while other vendors show the BKS as proprietary. Found an old message here that was on subject and purports them to be the same. I'd like a second, third or even tenth opinion on that from those that have had both. Anyone?

Anyone ever done a chart on B-series Magazines? It would seem to me that a BS mag ought to be the same as the newer style B mag, but I haven't a clue. Anyone know?

I gather that at least BM and BKM share the same magazine.

I see B Super mags sold as proprietary as well.

Generally speaking, are their other Star B-series guns that share the same magazine with another model other than those listed above?

B - old style mag
B - new style mag
BS - ?
BM - same as BKM
BKM - same as BM
BKS - ?
B-Super - ?
etc.

TIA,
SlimTim

·
Administrator
71,722 Posts
Per Antaris pg 485 of Star Firearms regarding the BM/BKM.

"The height and position of the magazine release were left unchanged, allowing interchangeable use of the BKS magazine."

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Per Antaris pg 485 of Star Firearms regarding the BM/BKM.

"The height and position of the magazine release were left unchanged, allowing interchangeable use of the BKS magazine."
Well, at least we know the BKS mags can be used in the BM and BKM as Antaris = 10 opinions at least! :) I know it would usually follow that the reverse is true, but too many times I've found it not so.

Thanks,
SlimTim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.