·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Ok, I 'll take the bike and one dozen of those assault rifles :D

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The tanks are german, Leopard2A4.
I also see some russian tanks, or am I mistaken?
But I like the AMV best:))))))

Antti, I know, that we Germans can not have those nice assalt rifles, not even the semiauto version:-(((((((((
That leaves my this the bike, but it is not finnish made.
Mabe I will find a [SA] marked Tunturi???

·
Site Contributor
1,346 Posts
The tanks are german, Leopard2A4.
I also see some russian tanks, or am I mistaken?
But I like the AMV best:))))))
Yes, Leopard 2A4 is Finnish main battle tank (MBT) in these days. Finnish Defence Forces is still using some Soviet-made armour, but not too much. We still have few dozen BMP-2 infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) and MT-LB armoured personnel carrier (APC). We used to have about 200 or so T-72M1 main battle tanks, but now they are getting retired and scrapped. BMP-1 IFV and T-55M MBT have probably already been scrapped. Much of the T-72M1 and BMP-1 came from ex East-German stocks. CV-9030 IFV shown in some photos is Swedish with US-made 30-mm automatic cannon. Some of the Finnish armour vehicles like Marksman AA-tanks are quite international - Polish made T-55 hull, British made turret, Swiss 35-mm Oerlikon guns and US-made radar. :) Obviously our wheeled APC are Finnish made Pasi variants and AMV.

Jarkko

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I visited the PAtria Factory and saw the birthplace of the AMV, VERY inpressive!!!!!!
Lots of our NVA equipment endet up in Finland, woudl love to get a AK made in Suhl or one of the SVD.
T72 would not fit in my backyard:-((((((((

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.