Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've hit the big 30. What would a responsible Mosin collector spend $200 of his birthday money on? Suggestions welcome!

ha ha....responsible...

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Put it in the bank for something bigger and better than a plain old Soviet era refurb if you can't find one you like. But there are many options, so you shouldn't have a problem finding anything. Sounds like money well spent already!

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,691 Posts
Ammo is better than money in the bank.
It increases in value.
You can buy it today and sell it tomorrow for money money(literally tomorrow if you are a good salesman0
If SHTF, you can use the ammo and it will increase drastically while your paper money is worthless and or banks not open.
SHTF in Ukraine and US is likely to trade embargo russia.. meaning 54r is going to be getting expensive.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Women and booze?
Reminds me of an older buddy of mine. He said he spend half his money on Women and booze, and wasted the other half!

·
Copper Bullet member
981 Posts
2014 IRA contribution, Etrade account, other investments, paying extra on a mortgage if you have one; then I would look at $200 in ammo or saving it for a bigger purchase.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, things in Ukraine made my mind up for this time. Got an 880rd crate headed my way I guess. I really hope the 7.62X54r surplus dosen't dry up...

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Well, the birthday money prize came in a couple of days ago. Got some Russian light ball (I think). Came in a little beat up in one corner but I don't think it hurt anything.

I'm kinda sad they didn't include the wooden crate though.

This brings up my count of full spam cans past 12. 10 unopened, 2 I'm currently feeding off of.

Wasn't there a web page that shows what all these symbols mean on these cans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.