1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Gold Bullet member
6,134 Posts
Sharp eyes Dawgs ! That got me curious and I looked at my baby holsters to notice that the soft shell has similar linings on the interior body but the hard shell doesn't.
Also, there is a Showa 8 dated T-14 variation that has the liner on the flap interior but not on the body interior. Nice variations to look out for.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,654 Posts
Nice find, good eye, very good price I think.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, there is a Showa 8 dated T-14 variation that has the liner on the flap interior but not on the body interior. Nice variations to look out for.
I've yet to see that variation! Do you have photos of it?

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice find, good eye, very good price I think.
Thanks! I think it was a good buy as well. Probably been almost 30 years since I've seen one with the liner like this.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Very good snag indeed. I only have one in my collection so they are bit hard to find.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very good snag indeed. I only have one in my collection so they are bit hard to find.
Thanks Dale. I think I had two of these when I lived in Oklahoma and neither were in this nice of condition. I can't see any markings in the listing photos but it would be nice if some readable trace remained of them.

·
Diamond Member
989 Posts
Rob,

Good eye and nice acquisition. These are hard to find - I'm guessing one out of 20 Type I holsters will be found with the lining. I also have a Type IA with the lining which is expected, as the Type IA is a modified Type I. I have never seen a lined Type II holster. There is also another Type I variation for the flap. Most are hard shell, but, occasionally, they are found with a soft shell than can be rolled into a tube. I have both hard and soft Type I versions with the lining and also without the lining.

This example was on ebay last week but didn't sell because of the reserve. I was watching it to see what it would bring, and it only topped-out at $202 which really surprised me. I think you got a good buy - especially since it is not all dark from oil like most Type I holsters found. Again, congrats.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rob,

There is also another Type I variation for the flap. Most are hard shell, but, occasionally, they are found with a soft shell than can be rolled into a tube. I have both hard and soft Type I versions with the lining and also without the lining.
Thanks Dan.
Can you post photos of this soft flap with and without the lining? I don't think I've ever seen such a thing especially a flap that is that soft!.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mucho Thanky Okiedokie! Two very unusual and nice holsters!
Around 1983 I tried to put together an article for Banzai on the T-14 holsters. There were just too many variants to make sense of it all so I gave it up.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dogs,
That was my holster and you did get a good deal!! I was waiting for a correct pistol for some time and then decided to sell it....I'm good with what I have.....
Small world, eh? Somehow I expected this to be from a board member. I don't really need it but just couldn't resist that BIN price. :thumbsup:

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It came today - mucho fastito shipping! :thumbsup:
I noticed that the lining on this one goes all the way down to the tip of the holster. I don't think it did on the ones I had before? The stitching along the top inner edge is the giveaway on these holsters.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts