Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, I had the most fantastic time learning to shoot rifles at long range with Dr. Beer here in Melbourne Australia at the Wellerbie rifle range. It is without a doubt the COOLEST rifle range I have ever seen with a trench made to replicate WWI trench warfare, a snipers outpost and Zulu shield targets. There is alot of shooting going here in OZ and everyone was fantastic and friendly.

A very big thanks to Whiterider for driving me back to the place that i'm saying and his very kind wife.

Guys thank you so very much! I will write more when I am back in America and have more internet time!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Photos, we need photos. Did I hear something about a trench periscope rifle?

cheers,
Lachy

·
Gold Bullet member
542 Posts
Just a partial trench type set up for shooting out of ,good fun ,and dont let anyone tell you you cant hit anything at 500yds with a old lithgow ;),did you get to see the vegemite factory ?.

Have a good trip home mate and get back when you can ,you are always welcome .:D dont forget to send me your home address ;).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul, You have a deal. Yeah, Dave drove me by it. It was a pleasure, he and his wife were awesome explaining things about Melbourne to me. Like you say, there are far worse places in the world to live than this beautiful city. I will send you my home address!

·
Registered
401 Posts
That would'nt be a 7.62 No4 by any chance would it??
My 2 No4 7.62 were being fed through Ishy mags until the correct items came along and they fed just fine too..

pugs.

·
Gold Bullet member
542 Posts
YUP !!

Sure is ,whiteriders good at making do ,i sighted in the smle in the first pic , you can use that at the shoot on the 20th if you want !;).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gents,

Dr. Beer and Whiterider can certainly shoot. These guys fire at ranges with an Iron sighted Enfields that I didn't think were possible.

Paul,
I will PM you my home address and e-mail address and would like yours as well. I had a flight cancellation and had to spend 14 hours in LA so I just got home yesterday! I miss Oz badly already. Great country.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I got stuck at dulles airport in DC for 27 hours (over thanksgiving weekend) a few years back,flight cancelled due to a cracked windshield.I was absolutely knackered when I got back to NZ I can tell you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bet, I don't know what airline you were on, but Qantas is hands down the best airline I have ever flown on. People actually CARE about customer service in OZ. It seems the U.S. has lost that. I wanted to fly Qantas all the way back to NY but I missed my connection. Qantas paid me 17 dollars for a meal because "American airlines don't feed their passengers." A middle aged Ozzie woman who rode with to NY who also missed her connection and couldn't believe how bad the service was in American Airports and airlines. I kept apologizing to her. She got patted down in U.S. customs, and she was as likely tobe Al Qaeda as say Santa Claus. Ridiculous. I kept apologizing to her. It was outright embarassing. From the home boys running the show at LAX, to the rudeness of the aircraft crew, to attitudey black women at the counter of American Airlines who insisted I needed a "paper ticket" even though Qanatas gave me a flight voucher.
FYI, US Customs took my gift water given to me by Qantas. It was from Koala springs. At that point I was hoping they'd deport me back to OZ.

I don't understand what the need for rudeness is in this country. Over a month in OZ reminded me about polite people. Sorry about the rant. Its a great country.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts