Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
Gives me incentive to get going on mine. Waiting on a 1938 top mount PE from Tankdriver as well...

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
Nice rifles Dmitry and I like you accompanying pictures as well....

·
Registered
877 Posts
Very nice. Would like to get one of those. I could possibly get an original 1938 PE scope with repro mount (hex or round) for about $400. Is ti worth it?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Original PE scope

Rusnak, $400 is a steal for a original scope, if in good condition, with a repro mount.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice PE!

Beautiful PE, Dmitry. Scope, mount and correct screws, all ready to put together. Do you know some of the history of these early Russian snipers? WW2, of course we know about. But how and where were these early snipers used and deployed before the war years?

·
Banned
1,151 Posts
Big Scope Snipers Rule!

Those are some nice looking Mosins!

As much as we all love our PU rifles, there is just something about the Big Scope PE and PEM rifles that makes one (or more!) of these rifles the centerpiece of many sniper collections. These rifles are just awsome, and the size and weight of the scope and mount system gives them an impressive feel and appearance. Visually, it's kind of like the difference between a U.S. 03A4 sniper with a little 330 series scope, and one with the much larger and better M84 scope or one of the 03 snipers with the big Unertl scope.

Rusnak, as the Captain said, $400 would be quite a deal on a '38 PEM scope with a repro top mount setup. If it's in good condition, the scope alone is worth a lot more than that.

Capnduane, the scope is actually 1938 PEM , serial #:N A 33637 with round repro top mount.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
big scopes

Heres a couple-

·
Silver Bullet member
872 Posts
Those are some nice looking big scoped rifles. I just finished a 39 Tula I received last week. Still have a little work to do on the other 39. Twins I guess.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lock'em up good!

Vic, you better lock those beauties up good, from what I hear Marcus is hotfootin it your direction now! I heard he was clocked at 100mph+ in his rickety old motorhome, slobber drooling , with a glazed look in his eye, as he passed the Calif state line. He was heard muttering something about Mosin snipers, Michigan, and VT.......

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
you guys are killing me here..so far i had been able to supress the urge to add a pem to my collection,guess ill have to start saving my change again..those are some very very nice examples

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hutch,

Dont fight it...Go with a PEM. I was in the same boat as you. Tried my hardest to fight the urge to get away from the PU. Didnt work. Next thing I know, I have a two 42 PEM's, one 39 PEM, 35 and 36 hex PE, and a 37 PEM top mount.

Feldscher is getting in some set ups for the PEM's here shortly. Find yourself a nice ex PEM sniper and restore it.

Mike

1 - 20 of 48 Posts