Gunboards Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Harming business who produce and sell these braces, devalue gun owners property by hundreds of dollars, criminalize gun owners and a waste of resources for absolutely nothing. Schools will still be vunerable. Drug turf wars will still occur in our cities.
Never owned a brace for the same reason I never owned a bump stock: questionable legality subject to change at the ATF's whim and the willingness of courts to hear the cases.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Is any of the bovine scat grandfathered or are more of us criminals now?
I read through the webpage about this on whitehouse.gov about this, and what Slo-Joe rolled out today appear to me to be "actions" not "orders".

First two appear to be calls to propose something in 30 & 60 days, not outlawing ghost guns or stabilizing braces instantly today.

1) The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.” We are experiencing a growing problem: criminals are buying kits containing nearly all of the components and directions for finishing a firearm within as little as 30 minutes and using these firearms to commit crimes. When these firearms turn up at crime scenes, they often cannot be traced by law enforcement due to the lack of a serial number. The Justice Department will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of these firearms.

2)
The Justice Department, within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act. The alleged shooter in the Boulder tragedy last month appears to have used a pistol with an arm brace, which can make a firearm more stable and accurate while still being concealable.

Looks like a win-win, Slo-Joe gets to appease his base that wants "something done" with a call for a proposal and nothing really happens to start the jackboot door kicking just yet. The low IQ network news watcher gets to clap like a trained seal at this news while nothing really changes. If this was business, it looks like "analysis paralysis ". Thankfully, it's gubermint, so it'll take longer.

But, the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. Stock up now, just in case ;-)

·
Registered
12,549 Posts

·
Registered
12,549 Posts
Oi Vey, that sounds about right.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Joe shumuck's raving about "ghost guns" is no concern of mine. All my ghosts are long gone to places where the sun don't shine !!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is by the same guy who said his stimulus money will get us flying 21,000 MPH in ten years. I read that if something flew 17,500 mph in our atmosphere, it would melt. Biden has us flying Mach 32 in ten years because he's spending trillions on Green New Deal crap.

Boy, I sure miss Trump!

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
This is by the same guy who said his stimulus money will get us flying 21,000 MPH in ten years. I read that if something flew 17,500 mph in our atmosphere, it would melt. Biden has us flying Mach 32 in ten years because he's spending trillions on Green New Deal crap.

Boy, I sure miss Trump!
I have a feeling the trillions being spent is going towards keeping the left.in power permanently (under cover of "saving the __")

·
Registered
569 Posts
Boy, I sure miss Trump!
Yes and no. Under Trump's watch, the ATF waffled back and forth on stabilizing braces. Trump also said, "Take the guns first, go through due process second."; one reference. search and there area many more reports to back up this reference.

Watching this all unfold in real time yesterday, it was interesting to me the subtle difference in wording of what was actually "done" yesterday. What happened yesterday was an "Executive Action" not an "Executive Order" (as was promised by Slo-Joe during his campaign). The words sound close and on network news last night, reporters switched the verbiage mid-stream from "action" to "order" without blinking; I was left with the feeling this was intentional to confuse people (yes, I did watch to see how the propaganda was spun). Executive orders are the law of the land, and if I remember right remain in place unless they are unconstitutional or revoked by a president. An Executive Action is a suggestion to do something; in this case directing the AFT to produce suggestions on how to handle things.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes, one of the Executive "Actions" was to lay out a blue print for states to use to enact Red Flag Laws in their state. How clear can that be to the democrat states to push forward on these confiscatory laws!

Trump may have said a bunch of things that didn't sound good but was definitely on our side. Bump stocks are junk and were a sacrificial lamb as far as I'm concerned. It was not a Trojan Horse for more hidden agenda actions from Trump.

We need him back ASAP!

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Pretty minor changes really all things considered,that will not impact most shooters.The question is will they now forget about the subject for the immediate future, or will it be used as a springboard for more comprehensive changes soon to follow?.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Pretty minor changes really all things considered,that will not impact most shooters.The question is will they now forget about the subject for the immediate future, or will it be used as a springboard for more comprehensive changes soon to follow?.
No, I think these people are dead serious. This is Biden's pet issue, not education or the economy- guns. He specifically asked congress to pass an assault weapons ban. That could be a renewal of the 1994 law or given the stupidity of that ban, more likely a sweeping ban aimed at all magazine feed semi auto. Now, I am speculating on the later. He made quite a big talking point about hi-capacity magazines. Remember the 100 shot magazines? I am sure that includes 11 shots. This time, if there is a new AWB, I would not expect any grand father provision on the mags. That assume we can still own a semi-auto with a detachable magazine. Dont some states already require pins fixing AR15 magazines in place?

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
There's nothing minor about any gun control law, Any win just encourages them to go for the brass ring. There is too much wiggle room in how these can be interpreted especially for the gun grabber he's picked to be the "AFT" director.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
caerlonie ---- That is the method to be used "Pretty minor changes" until eventually everything is gone. The immediate future is now and if we don't stop the LEFT nothing will be left.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
caerlonie ---- That is the method to be used "Pretty minor changes" until eventually everything is gone. The immediate future is now and if we don't stop the LEFT nothing will be left.
I am well aware of the thin end of the wedge scenario.But the fact is compared to some of the changes foisted on shooters in other countries,these changes are relatively minor.How long that lasts for is the question here......

·
Registered
12,549 Posts
Well, now we've actually heard the "Proclamation From Above" lets see if it has any basis in fact at all.
President Biden unveiled executive orders on gun control on Thursday, at a press conference in the White House Rose Garden.
Nothing I’m about to recommend in any way impinges on the Second Amendment,” Biden said. “They’re phony arguments suggesting that these are Second Amendment rights in what we’re talking about.”
Biden added that “no amendment to the Constitution is absolute. You can’t yell ‘fire’ in a crowded movie theater and call it freedom of speech. From the very beginning, you couldn’t own any weapon you wanted to own. From the very beginning of the Second Amendment existed, certain people weren’t allowed to have weapons.”
OK, FaceBook, lets “Fact Check”, shall we?
“Biden added that “no amendment to the Constitution is absolute”
FALSE!
“- Written by Rick Ormandy:
“For those who do not understand the meaning of 'Rights', we need to make it clear once and for all:
The 2nd Amendment does not apply to semi-auto rifles, nor does it apply to bolt action rifles, pistols, or revolvers. The 2nd Amendment RESTRICTS GOVERNMENT. The technology of the firearm is irrelevant. The restrictions on government remain the same, regardless of the firearm. The Second Amendment was not written to grant permission for citizens to own and bear firearms. It forbids government interference in the right to keep and bear arms, period. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

From the very beginning, you couldn’t own any weapon you wanted to own.
FALSE!
Right up through the Civil war you could! Many of the Military Grade weapons of Mass Destruction (like 12Lb Napoleon Canons) could be & were owned both legally & privately. You can check this easily many were purchased privately & donated to regiments on both sides. Just real whats written on them.
From the very beginning of the Second Amendment existed, certain people weren’t allowed to have weapons.”
PARTLY FALSE, TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT.
While its true that not everyone could be armed it fails to take into account the context. Slaves were not "people", they were "property", just like a horse & buggy. “African-American Slaves” were not permitted firearms, but in context they were not ye recognized as “people” either.
Go ahead, fact check this!

21 - 40 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.