Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
34,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joe Biden was in an online discussion with Bill Maher, and Maher was tossing him softballs. Maher posed the question of whether coal-fired power plants, corn syrup or terrorists are more dangerous.

Senator Biden, forgetting about the upcoming Iowa caucus for just a moment, which would you honestly say is more likely to contribute to the death of your average American: a terrorist strike or high fructose corn syrup and air that has too much coal in it?"

BIDEN: Air that has too much coal in it, corn syrup next, then a terrorist attack. But that is not in any way to diminish the fact that a terrorist attack is real, but hundreds of thousands of people die and their lives are shortened because of coal plants, coal-fired plants, and because of corn syrup.

Monty Python couldn't have done any better.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,747 Posts
Open mouth - insert foot.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,346 Posts
With Biden its more like "saw open top of skull, insert brain in empty cavity." He's a horrendous moron, an embarrasment to the US Senate.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,747 Posts
And keeps getting re-elected ??

·
Silver Bullet member
48,818 Posts
He had too many cups of corny syrup heated by coal...the terror is him in office!

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,186 Posts
He may have something there - high fructose corn syrup is some bad $hit. Although there maybe a terrorist here'n there across the US of A, high fructose corn syrup is everywhere, from that foo foo coffee flavoring, to ketchup and other condiments, to BBQ sauces, salad dressings, canned veggies, and anywhere cheap food ingredients are used, such as in fast food restaurants. About the only smart guys are the peanutbutter manufacturers who removed it last year.

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
7,965 Posts
He may have something there - high fructose corn syrup is some bad $hit. Although there maybe a terrorist here'n there across the US of A, high fructose corn syrup is everywhere, from that foo foo coffee flavoring, to ketchup and other condiments, to BBQ sauces, salad dressings, canned veggies, and anywhere cheap food ingredients are used, such as in fast food restaurants. About the only smart guys are the peanutbutter manufacturers who removed it last year.
It's nothing more than fruit sugar, same as in an orange or banana (or, of course, corn). Eating too many carbs from any source is bad $hit. Eat protein and veggies and a little fruit. BTW - Laura Scudders never had it (or cane sugar).

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
93,714 Posts
No worse than any other sort of sugar (dextrose, sucrose, etc.) on a calorie per calorie measurement. All of them is bad if taken to excess.

Biden is, for the USofA correct. We have almost no deaths or injuries from terrorist acts. Almost too few to measure since 2001. IN THE UNITED STATES. And against that, we have many thousands of deaths in consequence of eating too much. Eat too much, get fat, get all sorts of metabolic disorders, get sick and die. But it ain't the high-fructose corn syrup as such that is the culprit.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
...Comparing eating, and overeating or eating tasty but high calorie foods, with somebody murdering you is moronic. There is no comparison.

·
93,714 Posts
...Comparing eating, and overeating or eating tasty but high calorie foods, with somebody murdering you is moronic. There is no comparison.
YEs, moronic fits. It was, after all, Joe Biden who said it....

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
...Fort Hood, San Berdo, now prolly Florida....and those two bastards at the head of the Executive branch want to convince us that overeating is their worst nightmare. Jerks. 7 1/2 years and they don't know what their jobs are. And Obangee thinks and says that globull warming is our most dangerous foe. F'g Morons all.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
...Fort Hood, San Berdo, now prolly Florida....and those two bastards at the head of the Executive branch want to convince us that overeating is their worst nightmare. Jerks. 7 1/2 years and they don't know what their jobs are. And Obangee thinks and says that globull warming is our most dangerous foe. F'g Morons all.
Was zum Teufel, Dudley! You are already aware that the Libtards changed the euphemism to "Climate Change" years ago so they can make it up as they go BJ animation.jpg

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
...They changed it because they thought a new name would let them pick up that turd by the clean end. You was just a kid but I remember the " small is beautiful " brigade, led by Governor Moombeam , that took dedicated highway taxes and spent the the money on bike lanes and walking trails . Now we have gridlock just about everywhere in Southern California and bus ridership is down because the Mau- Maus will steal your dope money and bitch slap you .
...I'm putting my Palace on the block and moving on out. I know, I've typed this before but this time I really mean it. Prolly Ideehoe, or NE Orygun .

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
....BUT, if it turns out that Omar of Orlando murdered those folks by drowning them in corn syrup, well....Maybe Old Joe got one right in his life.

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
7,965 Posts
...They changed it because they thought a new name would let them pick up that turd by the clean end. You was just a kid but I remember the " small is beautiful " brigade, led by Governor Moombeam , that took dedicated highway taxes and spent the the money on bike lanes and walking trails . Now we have gridlock just about everywhere in Southern California and bus ridership is down because the Mau- Maus will steal your dope money and bitch slap you .
...I'm putting my Palace on the block and moving on out. I know, I've typed this before but this time I really mean it. Prolly Ideehoe, or NE Orygun .
Still need to hang about because of my mom. I'm thinking NC for my great escape. Good climate at the higher elevations. Lotsa critters. Decent gun and wildlife laws. Guess when I use the public facilities I'll need to make sure that the equipment matches mine. After decades in CA I think I can handle that little bit of "oppression."

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
....I'm starting to wonder if Omar, who grew up hearing Pashtun at home, mighta made a terrible mistake when he went after " fructose ".

·
93,714 Posts
....BUT, if it turns out that Omar of Orlando murdered those folks by drowning them in corn syrup, well....Maybe Old Joe got one right in his life.
Nope, Ole Joe blew it. Villain used an AR-15 clone and (maybe) a pistol of some sort. They have determined both were bought through dealers after the lad passed instant check. Guess he didn't yell "Aloha Snackbar' when he made the transaction, thereby arousing suspicions. Saw news bit that doesn't have anything to say about types of wounds among survivors, but says most or all of the dead were close range, precise head-shots, one per customer. That is a professional job, the Einsatz Kommando and Sonderkommando on the Ostfront would have approved. Or the NKVD who did the business at Katyn Forest...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts