Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,
I stopped at a gunshop in my travels where I spotted a Tula 1941 date TT-33 along with an appropriately elderly holster. The gun appears to be all original without the added safety lever ,import or Russian refurb markings. The only unusual feature are the letters BGS lightly stamped in the frame just to the right of the date. Was there an importer that used those initials or is it possibly a German border guard piece (Bundes Grenz Schutz)? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & best regards,
Len

·
Registered
490 Posts
No safety add on?

I'd of bought that at the right price.

What were they asking?

·
Gold Bullet member
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, no added safety. Frame & slide matched, didn't check the internal parts. Mag was m/m'd.One of the grips looked a little dodgy possibly franzite.Asking price was $299.About a month ago I bought a really nice one for a lot less then they're asking for this one so I wasn't in a rush to buy it. The holster was kind of odd. Had German style belt loops on the back and it looked like the leather cleaning rod holders had never been sewn on. Definitely a Tok holster though.

Len

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
Yep, no added safety. Frame & slide matched, didn't check the internal parts. Mag was m/m'd.One of the grips looked a little dodgy possibly franzite.Asking price was $299.About a month ago I bought a really nice one for a lot less then they're asking for this one so I wasn't in a rush to buy it. The holster was kind of odd. Had German style belt loops on the back and it looked like the leather cleaning rod holders had never been sewn on. Definitely a Tok holster though.

Len
And where is this Tok?

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
If there really is a German connection "BGS" COULD mean BundesGrenzSchutz (German Border Police).

Regards

·
Gold Bullet member
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi KH,
Would the West German BundesGrenzSchutz have used a Soviet pistol? If it saw use with the East Germans were their border guards called BundesGrenzSchutz?

Len

1 - 11 of 11 Posts