Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I wrote about encountering this pistol a week or so ago. Went back to the gunshop today to take another gander at it. On the second viewing a couple of things became obvious. First the slide stop lever is a lot longer than it should be and has a wider thumbpad making operation of the slide stop much easier. The lever is not a bubba contraption but appears to have been made that way. Probably an after market piece.Secondly the vertical striations on the left side of the slide were fairly narrow and completely absent from the right side. Apparently the sides of the slide had been milled before being reblued (whoever did the reblue made a very good job of it). Taking it apart I found that the barrel & hammer group #'s matched the slide & frame (mag doesn't match). The pistol came with an old Tok holster that's had some modifications done to the suspension loops. It also doesn't show any evidence of ever having had the leather cleaning rod retainers sewn on. After a bit of haggling I bought it. I'm attaching some pics of it as well as some of a previous TT33 find. Still can't figure out who or what is BGS...

Best regards,
Len

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
Nice. Anyone else chime in about the BGS marking? Is it 'Bundes Grenz Schutz', or something like that?

·
Registered
261 Posts
It is a late looking stamp. How about Bansner's (BGS) of Pennsylvania. I dont know if it is an import stamp or their gunsmithing mark.

Liberty

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
Wow! That has had an almost scary amount of metal taken off the sides of the slide. My guess is the BGS is the mark of who did the work rather than a military/police organisation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts