Gunboards Forums banner

between a RC k98 or vz24

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Comrade Antibiotika 
Well I have owned both in the past and I still have my RC 98.... The VZ 24 I had came from AIM and had a nice lion crest but a beat to heck stock and a sewer for a bore would not even hit paper at 50 yards, could have rebarreld it but sold it in stead. My RC 98 has all nazi markings in tact and has a mint bore will shoot a two inch group at 100 yards no problem. That said IF you can find a VZ 24 in the same condition as an RC 98 it would just be a matter of personal preference, I like the finger groved stocks of the VZ 24 better then the K98's, more comfortable to shoot for me. Have you thought about looking for a nice condition south american mauser? a 1908 or 1909 mauser is top notch in quality.
As far as the yugo mausers go...personal preference again, to me the stocks in the wrist area are to thick and I don't hold them as comfortable as a VZ or K98 depends on your hand size.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.