Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need something to feed my K31 until I can get set up to reload. Who has the best deals on mil-surp ammo for these rifles in quantity?

·
Gold Bullet member
1,767 Posts
7.5x55

I would recommend AIM or Widener's both sell surplus and new reloadable ammunition.

me26245

·
Gold Bullet member
4,792 Posts
I need something to feed my K31 until I can get set up to reload. Who has the best deals on mil-surp ammo for these rifles in quantity?
Don't hesitate to get set up for reloading. You can cut your cost of shooting by half or more. Graf & Sons has some good prices on 7.5x55 ammo also with reloadable brass...

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do plan to get set up pretty quick, but most of my reloading time right now is for another shooting game. Is $280 for

"a 480 rd case of 7.5 X 55MM SWISS NON-CORROSIVE BRASS CASE - BERDAN PRIMED - STEEL BULLET RUAG MUNITION - SWISS MFG - Match Grade Ammo!!!! 174gr FMJBT (GP11)"

a good deal? Maybe more than I need, esp. Berdan primed cases.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,447 Posts
I do plan to get set up pretty quick, but most of my reloading time right now is for another shooting game. Is $280 for

"a 480 rd case of 7.5 X 55MM SWISS NON-CORROSIVE BRASS CASE - BERDAN PRIMED - STEEL BULLET RUAG MUNITION - SWISS MFG - Match Grade Ammo!!!! 174gr FMJBT (GP11)"

Well, you COULD always try to reload 51gr of whatever powder it is behind a 174gr match bullet and do it cheaper, to the same tolerances as the original manufacturer used, 480 times, and see how much it costs ya.

Betcha anything it costs ya more than 58c a pop.

On the other paw, you could quit the whinging, stump up the pretty cheap price, and spend the rest of the time on the range.

tac

·
Registered
87 Posts

Check out www.dansammo.com, he has the best prices that I can find. $215 for case of 480. Also, lesser quantities available at good prices.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,792 Posts
Dan's is a good price but not reloadable brass. If you're going to be reloading eventually, get 5 or 6 boxes of commercial reloadable ammo and you'll have the brass for when you get your reloading equipment. It'll cost you about $13 plus s&h for 20 rounds of boxer primed ammo but the reloadable brass is worth nearly the whole purchase price. So you can pay $.45 each from Dan and recycle the empties or pay about $.65 for boxer primed ammo and reload for less than half that much. If 100 rounds isn't gonna get you thru you can always fill the gaps with GP11...

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan to split a 240 rd brick with a friend. I will order unfired brass and bullets form one of my usual sources, Buffalo Arms. If I buy 100, it is .31 per case. And if I really want to be a masochist, I might try reloading the Berdan cases. I have the technology!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Reloading the Berdan GP cases isn't terribly difficult, just time consuming. Getting Berdan primers seems to be the real trick, though. Not a lot of 'em floating around any more. I lucked out and bought a stash of 2000 PMC .217 Berdan primers a while back, and I haven't seen 'em much at all since.

Like TFoley said, the GP-11 is notorious for its consistency (which is quite rare for surplus ammo). It's high quality, consistent, durable and accurate, and well worth the price, IMHO.

·
Silver Bullet Member
10,197 Posts
+1 for Wideners. They ship fast and don't gouge you for the shipping fee

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I paid $10 for shipping on 240 rds from Dans. Not a bad price, from what little experience I have ordering live ammo through the mail.

·
Registered
445 Posts
ill bring this thread back to life.... im about to purchase some gp11 and does anyone know where the best price is at this time? samco looks pretty good!

·
Diamond+ Bullet Member
1,632 Posts
Well.... whether or not you Like Samco...... they're listing Swiss GP 11 480rd "cases" for $234.00

That's the best price I've found....

We just bought a bunch of ammo (25,000 rds PAKI 9x19) from Samco, and they did us right!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Dans Ammo is listing GP11 as back in stock, http://www.dansammo.com/ammo.asp
7.5 Swiss GP11 60rd $29.99 7.5 Swiss GP11 60rd. One original package Swiss brick. Each brick has six 10rd boxes.
7.5 Swiss GP11 120 rd $58.99 7.5 Swiss GP11 120 rd. Two Swiss bricks.
7.5 Swiss GP11 480rd $222.99 7.5 Swiss GP11 480 rd. Original sealed case.

Also has K31's listed again.

-George

·
Silver Bullet member
17 Posts
Dans Ammo is listing GP11 as back in stock, http://www.dansammo.com/ammo.asp
7.5 Swiss GP11 60rd $29.99 7.5 Swiss GP11 60rd. One original package Swiss brick. Each brick has six 10rd boxes.
7.5 Swiss GP11 120 rd $58.99 7.5 Swiss GP11 120 rd. Two Swiss bricks.
7.5 Swiss GP11 480rd $222.99 7.5 Swiss GP11 480 rd. Original sealed case

This is still the best place. Just got 480 rounds and shipping was a resonable $18.00 to Ohio

1 - 20 of 21 Posts