Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good shooting buddy of mine just picked up one of the nicest SkS I have seen in a long time. He wants to shoot it at our range but his vision requires the use of a scope on all his rifles. What is the best bet for a solid scope setup for the sks?

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,460 Posts
Some people use a dust cover type mount, but if your current dustcover isn't super tight, it's likely that you'll have some serious POI shift with one of those. However, it's the cheapest way to rear mount a scope for traditional use.

The one I've had the best luck with is made by UTG, and it clamps to the barrel up by the forearm, and gives you a tri-rail setup similair to the Springfield M1A SOCOM. http://www.amazon.com/Socom-Tactica...=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1333244372&sr=1-4 The only problem is that you can only use long eye-relief scopes or other optics, such as holo sights. Say what you like about it, but know that I was able to hold about 1.5" groups while using this rig with a Bushnell TRS25 red dot.

It looks a bit funny, but no permanent modifications have to be made.

Wow, how'd I manage to field TWO optic mount questions for obsolete Russian weapons systems in one night??? :)

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,460 Posts
The Choate mount is probably the best, as long as you're not at all concerned with maintaining collectibility, since it requires drilling/tapping.

However, if you don't care about such things, it's the closest you'll get to a rock-solid mount for an SKS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.