Gunboards Forums banner

Best Repro PE Scope?

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  bsd 
#1 ·
Ive been doing some research on building a PU sniper repro on an Ex sniper.. Great help guys! you all are great!...

I now am also gonna try to get my hands on an ex Pe sniper...

Question... Who has the best Repro PE scope/mount/base?

Accumounts seems to have the whole setup for 329....

I looked somwhere else, they have it for a little over 400..cant remember where...

So, any experience with accumounts PE setup? or should i be looking elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for dealing with my ignorance! :rolleyes:
Ethan.

#3 · (Edited)
That's just the scope for $215+ shipping on e-bay. For $329 shipped at Accumounts you get the PE scope, one round and one hex base with screws, mount, canvas scope cover and leather lens caps. That's a good deal for an extra $114. And he used to put a serial number on the scope if you requested it. I had already bought one somewhere else or I would have gotten the Accumounts package when it came out.

#6 ·
Basically in a nutshell you set up an account with live.com, use their search engine to go to a site that has cashback listed (like ebay), use the BIN on eaby and pay with Paypal. It gets confirmed that your cashback is pending and you get your money anywhere from instantly (for some brick and mortar type stores) to 60 days later (Ebay)refunded to your Paypal.

This was my first time doing a live.com cashback and so far so good. Everything went as supposed to have, and I have a pending cashback due for this in about 45 days. I have heard from other members from other boards that this is legit, and people have already been getting their cashback.

Here is a lengthy discussion about it Slick Deals Discussio Forums

#7 ·
Basically in a nutshell you set up an account with live.com, use their search engine to go to a site that has cashback listed (like ebay), use the BIN on eaby and pay with Paypal. It gets confirmed that your cashback is pending and you get your money anywhere from instantly (for some brick and mortar type stores) to 60 days later (Ebay)refunded to your Paypal.

This was my first time doing a live.com cashback and so far so good. Everything went as supposed to have, and I have a pending cashback due for this in about 45 days. I have heard from other members from other boards that this is legit, and people have already been getting their cashback.

Here is a lengthy discussion about it Slick Deals Discussio Forums

Thanks AKO, ill check it out!

#8 · (Edited)
Here is my oppinion (FWIW:eek:)

Most of repro PE scopes came from the same source/manufacturer (lets call them "Ukrainian" scopes). Some of them are still available on eBay (I can not post any direct links, sorry).
These reproduction scopes are about 95% accurate to the original, have modern (however, still compatible with original) optics and partially were made on Zeiss equipment (just like original). All of them came with round receiver mount bases, most of which have pin holes on the top. In the past, these particular scopes were sold by Coles, IO, Shooter's Guide.

Accumounts stuff came from a different source. I am not as familiar with their scopes as with "Ukrainian" type. Quality reports have been good so far. However, from what I can see, they are less true to the original desighn (I would say about 85%). You can clearly see the difference if you compare some pictures of both types of repro scopes. I wish someone could post a side-by-side photos of original, "Ukrainian" and accumounts PE repros.

#10 ·
Ok thanks guys, you all have been a big help, i have found a couple on ebay, that match the pics. above.... One more Question... When you adjust Windage/elevation...does the whole feild of view move? or just the lines... Recticle?? (on the one posted above/ebay)

Thanks guys!
Ethan.

#15 ·
I got one of the ukrain scope on ebay from go and shoot. So far its been a good set up. I got another one from coles and again a good set up. Both of them the reticle moves when you adjust them. It bugs me that the reticles are not perfectly in the center. A close friend of mine got one from accumounts and the sight pic was blury. Accumounts took care of it and sent him another scope. How many ebay sellers would do that? Accumounts reticles stays in the center when adjusted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.