Gold Bullet member
550 Posts
I spent the weekend rolling my own. Best deal I can find at the moment ! :(

regards....roger

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Ammo

There are 0 deals on 308 right now. All ammo is waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy up, and don't see any deals any time soon. Great for those who stocked up, not great for those who didn't. Even reloading has gotten more expensive.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I have seen American Eagle in .308 for less than $8.00 a box at one of the major retail outlets.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i bought paki at 230 a crate and every one poo pooed it would ya buy it now????
I know more people are buying paki and indian now.....but the reservations I had at 230 a crate are the same reservations I have at twice the price.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I do have a small stockpile. I bought loose in a .50 can for (I think) $100 per K delivered. 'Bout four or so years ago. Tarnished. Various head stamps.
I also had a fella who just wanted ten battle packs out of his sight. Got them for $.07 per round. Still sealed. Less than $80 for all.

GRIN.

·
Registered
175 Posts
"I do have a small stockpile. I bought loose in a .50 can for (I think) $100 per K delivered. 'Bout four or so years ago. Tarnished. Various head stamps.
I also had a fella who just wanted ten battle packs out of his sight. Got them for $.07 per round. Still sealed. Less than $80 for all.

GRIN."

This belongs in the "great deals I made that you didn't and although I can't prove it that's ok and although the thread isn't about old prices that's ok too" thread. 1EYE runs it.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Thanks hayes1966 Thats a cool link.

The price of ammo is so high that its not fun to find good deals any more.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The price of ammo is so high that its not fun to find good deals any more.
That's the sad truth....but it's buy high or shoot the breeze instead.

Gotta pay to play..

I'm figuring that the steel cased, laquer coated russian stuff is the cheapest on the market right now. May have to stock up on that..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts