Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Open the bolt and pull it about 2 1/2"s back. The bolt head lugs need to be in the milled out section of the receiver rails. Take the big screw out that you see on top of the bolt body. Rotate the bolt head 90 degrees to the right(as looking from behind) after you take the screw out and seperate the bolt head from the bolt body.....simple. Reassemble by doing everything backwards.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
How'd you make out.....? Enfields, Springfields, Mausers, Arisakas are pretty straight forward for taking out the bolt....even Mosins and Mas's have their little twist..but the Lebel/Berthier......it's a little different.
Back before the "internet" I had an old copy of the NRA's Guide to Rifle Dissasembly/Reassembly....saved me many a' times.
Hope you got it apart OK.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How'd you make out.....? Enfields, Springfields, Mausers, Arisakas are pretty straight forward for taking out the bolt....even Mosins and Mas's have their little twist..but the Lebel/Berthier......it's a little different.
Back before the "internet" I had an old copy of the NRA's Guide to Rifle Dissasembly/Reassembly....saved me many a' times.

i haven't done it yet. i oiled everything up with wd40 and i'm going to let it set for a day or two before i try it. thanks again

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

nope. that sucker is in there solid.i soaked it for a while but that screw will not come out and i don't want to mar it up,
i think i will leave it alone. most likely will never shoot it anyhow. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
81 Posts
With a frozen Gras I used hot water to remove the bolts. If you immerse the barrel where it joins the receiver in distilled water, then heat the water with a portable tea heater, it will cause the receiver and barrel to expand. When combined with the previous effort to degunk the metal (which can take a week or more for the penetrating oil to penetrate, depending on what type of gun you have) the combination of hot receiver, cool bolt, and degreaser may be enough to allow you to work the bolt free. Take normal handling precautions of course.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With a frozen Gras I used hot water to remove the bolts. If you immerse the barrel where it joins the receiver in distilled water, then heat the water with a portable tea heater, it will cause the receiver and barrel to expand. When combined with the previous effort to degunk the metal (which can take a week or more for the penetrating oil to penetrate, depending on what type of gun you have) the combination of hot receiver, cool bolt, and degreaser may be enough to allow you to work the bolt free. Take normal handling precautions of course.

thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts