Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched both Gunboards and the internet but have not found an answer to my questions.

My St. Etienne Berthier M1907/15-M16 long rifle has matching FH prefix serial numbers on the barrel, trigger guard, and stock. The bolt has a FK prefix serial number.

Was the bolt also made by St. Etienne?

Any idea how much later the FK bolt was made after the FH rifle with 1917 barrel?

Regards,
Bill

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
7,653 Posts
FK is Manufacture Nationale d'Armes de Saint Étienne made, the FK series was made around very late 1917 and early 1918

Patrick

·
15,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Patrick. Although it may not increase the value, it's nice to know that my mismatched bolt was at least made in the same factory and not far away timewise.

Regards,
Bill

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Thanks, Patrick. Although it may not increase the value, it's nice to know that my mismatched bolt was at least made in the same factory and not far away timewise.

Regards,
Bill
Most of the Mle 07/15 & M-16 fabrication originated from MAS (1.500.000) while MAC provided 430.000 rifle and MAT none.

kelt

·
15,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a figure of 435,000 total for M1907/15 (not including M16). but I don't know how many of those were made by St. Etienne.

Regards,
Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.