Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
7,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have never reloaded with these and have a simple question with the copper plated bullets do you have to bell the case as you do with cast or simply chamfer and seat as with a jacketed bullet so my question really is will the copper plating hold up or will it come off or shave as a cast bullet, bought these today at cabelas and as a side note they had 1 lb of 4227 powder on the shelf and that's it

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Yes, bell the case or you will shave the plating. You didn't say what caliber or what exact bullet you have. If you will I'm sure you will get more detailed / better advice.

The Berry's I have loaded in .38/.357 did not have a canalure. This is a roll crimp caliber (revolver) if you are roll crimping don't over do it. The crimp is being sunk right into the bullet.

I don't know about you but I bell mouth all my "straight wall" pistol brass. It is usually a must do with typical flat base pistol bullets.

Motor

·
Banned
7,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
38 Special and 125Gr flat points and I usually chamfer my cases and and seat the jacketed bullet I might be lazy I don't know but these I will load as a cast bullet with the bell . powder is really starting to be a problem where I live checked a local shop today and he had no pistol powder to speak of when will this shortage be caught up or is this the new norm . I pulled some blank powder a year ago and many believe it to be unique glad I didn't throw it out it was the samco blanks in 6.5x55 wooden bullets so they aren't really blanks I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts