Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up one of the C&R Beretta M1951 that Atlantic has and I it arrived today.

Got a few of questions:

How do I find out the year of manufacture? There is no year stamped on the slide or proof code on the trigger guard.

Is there a Italian Navy acceptance stamp on these pistols? Is it the first picture?

Which type of holster should I get to complete the rig? Are there surplus Italian Navy holsters out there?

Thanks

DSC01103.JPG DSC01102.JPG DSC01101.JPG

·
Silver Bullet member
28,866 Posts
Where would one get canvas holsters like that stateside?

Only ones I've seen offered are either for the Model 1934 or are the white Police-issue ones

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Silver Bullet member
28,866 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
28,866 Posts
Follow-up, the holsters from Sportsmans Guide have arrived...

IMG_0926.jpg
Here it is, the "used" M1960 holster; the only wear I have seen is on the rear snap. It doesn't feel like traditional canvas, not sure if its been treated or is a cotton blend.

IMG_0927.JPG
The inside marking

IMG_0930.jpg
The only real disappointment is that it lacks a magazine pouch. Sportsmansguide lists a kit with a holster/belt/mag pouch but mentioned the Beretta 92. Should I roll the dice anyway?

IMG_0931.JPG
It fits in there nicely. In fact, A LOT of full-size 9mms fit in there just fine

IMG_0928.JPG
In the same order, picked up two British-inspired holsters for the Beretta 1934

IMG_0929.jpg
They are billed as "unissued" and must be, because just a few opening/closings is already flaking the paint off the hasps

IMG_0932.JPG
Beretta 1934 fits like a glove. Also fits (closes without effort) are Browning 1910 and Mauser 1914; "fits" (with effort) includes the Sauer 38H and Mauser HSc

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Follow-up, the holsters from Sportsmans Guide have arrived...

View attachment 3491531
Here it is, the "used" M1960 holster; the only wear I have seen is on the rear snap. It doesn't feel like traditional canvas, not sure if its been treated or is a cotton blend.

View attachment 3491529
The inside marking

View attachment 3491523
The only real disappointment is that it lacks a magazine pouch. Sportsmansguide lists a kit with a holster/belt/mag pouch but mentioned the Beretta 92. Should I roll the dice anyway?

View attachment 3491521
It fits in there nicely. In fact, A LOT of full-size 9mms fit in there just fine

View attachment 3491527
In the same order, picked up two British-inspired holsters for the Beretta 1934

View attachment 3491525
They are billed as "unissued" and must be, because just a few opening/closings is already flaking the paint off the hasps

View attachment 3491519
Beretta 1934 fits like a glove. Also fits (closes without effort) are Browning 1910 and Mauser 1914; "fits" (with effort) includes the Sauer 38H and Mauser HSc
I received my M60 holster a few days ago as well, paid for used but looks like new; I was also pondering ordering the holser/belt/mag pouch combo, but ended up ordering just the holster.

·
Silver Bullet member
28,866 Posts
I received my M60 holster a few days ago as well, paid for used but looks like new; I was also pondering ordering the holser/belt/mag pouch combo, but ended up ordering just the holster.
I'm thinking of another order of pants, if I do I'll get the combo just to see.

Only other option I have seen are leather Tariq magazine pouches, they hold four mags but are incredibly hard to find (though a place called Enemy Militaria has a few).

·
Silver Bullet member
28,866 Posts
You chose wisely.

Got the belt/holster/pouch combo in. SPOILER ALERT: Its not a magazine pouch

Holster looked identical the to M60 holster I received before, only without inside markings. The pouch is 8x10x2 and not compartmentalized for magazines inside; so its not a magazine pouch at all. Nothing special about the belt.

·
Silver Bullet member
28,866 Posts
CORRECTION: Police holster NOT an M1960, see below:

IMG_0963.jpg IMG_0964.jpg
Police holster that came with the belt and pouch, its made of the same fabric and with the same techniques, but its cut a bit different
Alas, still no mag pouch

IMG_0965.jpg
Direct comparison with M1960 holster, I'm guessing the police holster is for a double-column pistol and hence the larger cutout

IMG_0966.jpg
The "mag pouch" The piece of paper beneath it helps me ballpark the size at 8x10x2

IMG_0967.JPG
Inside? Absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sometimes there is a date code under the left grip:

I found no date code under either grip on my M1951. There is a strange marking between the lanyard loop and the magazine, a large block D and a mark to its left that resembles an 8. The 8 starts half way up the D and appears to be missing 2/3 of the top right.
It is a P Beretta. Barrel, slide, and frame serial numbers match. There is an mM on the right side of the beaver tail in an oval.
Has anyone found another resource to determine date of manufacture?

·
Silver Bullet member
28,866 Posts
Mine had an actual date on the beavertail

IMG_0933.JPG

I've also seen the proofmark code on the trigger guard web or just below the slide.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts