Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Beretta 85F from Classic firearms and I am wondering what those of you who know, think of them. Classic described them as in very good condition and man are they conservative, the gun looks just about un-fired with hardly a mark on it. I hear they are a bit large for a .380 and that may be but I love the size and feel of it. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but looking forward to it. I'm sure I'll continue to love it but are there any areas of concern or parts breakage issues I should be aware of? Thanks again for any input.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I have a like new 84 that I got recently and one that has a had a jillion rounds through it. Never had a part break on a Beretta pistol but I did cause the spring that puts pressure on the trigger bar to launch itself into oblivion. The factory has parts for most of their line. Also I got walnut grips from Beretta for the last 84 for a great improvement, they were not super expensive.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
The missus has a bit of a Beretta collection going, it all started with an 85 she found at the LGS.
Used but in near new condition, hers is the double stack version, whatever the letter designation is for that one.
IMO, it is a bit large in the grip area due to the capacity but she likes it so who am I to gripe?
It displays all the usual issues that almost all straight blowback pistols have, snappy recoil and a tendency to twist opposite the rifleing.
Having said that though, 13 rounds (albeit .380ACP) in a chubby pocket pistol is really hard to argue with.
The collection has grown to encompass several 32 autos, a 25 auto and, most recently, a 22 auto.
Ibmikey b correct, never broken a part on any of them and a couple of them are vintage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.