Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Just bought this guy (see below), a model 81 with 13 round capacity, chambered in .32 acp. One of those Israeli trade-ins I've seen around, I think—the guy had a whole bunch of them, some with and some without magazines. This was one of the latter.
In my infinite wisdom, I figured I could come out ahead of the substantial difference in price between those with magazines and those without by buying a magazine-less one. Come to find out, for being a relatively modern gun, the magazines for the model 81s are exceedingly hard to find at a decent price. I finally caved and bought one from a guy on GB for fifty bucks.

Still, compared to a new 80's series Beretta, I'm looking at about half price when all's said and done. I'm hoping it'll make a decent carry gun for wintertime (when I'm in a coat 90% of the time).
pix834615525.jpg

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Bought one that looked like that

in the 80's . Not called a Cheetah

though . It was in .380 and I paid

$400 for it then .

FIVESHOT

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
94,173 Posts
Same-same as Beretta model 81. Then there is the .380/9mmK variant, the Model 84 - and the improved Model 84 variant made for Browning and known as the BDA-380 (it eliminates the greatest weakness in Beretta designs, that idiot open-topped slide).

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Great great great .380

I don't like the M92 but this beretta is really great

Looks like a recent import from Israel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts