Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Bend over, grap ankles

Apparently they are not giving enough to the arabs.

Abbas: Israel hampers progress on peace

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071017/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_rice

A senior Abbas aide, Nabil Abu Rdeneh, said Wednesday the gaps between the Israeli and Palestinian positions remain wide, and that "the credibility of the U.S. administration depends on the pressure that it is willing to exert on Israel."

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,124 Posts
I believe that it was the late Israeli politician Aba Eben (sp) who once said, "The Palestinians never give up the opportuity to give up an opportunity". Did Condi think everyone was just going to have a big group hug and she could go home?

·
Silver Bullet member
36,346 Posts
If Bill Clinton was still Prez he'd be promising both sides the moon, the sun and 72 virgins so he could get credit for another fake "peace accord" that'd last as long as it takes to launch a Qassam rocket into Israel.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
The solution:

Give everyone who wants one an AK and 500 rounds of ammo.

Tell them when they're done, call us if they want some food.

These people have been killing each other for ~4,000 + years, since Isaac and Ishmael if you're inclined to believe such things. The "Philistines" referred to in the OT are the progenitors of the Palestinians of today -- they even call themselves "philistini" in arabic.

Israel's not going away without a fight. Most of their neighbors will never be happy until Israel no longer exists. It's going to be a never-ending mess until something ends it. 'Course the Bible makes some predictions about that as well...

Best explanation I've seen said something like this:

IF it were possible to disarm all the arabs/muslims in the area, Israel would pull within its borders and happily mind their business.

IF it were possible to disarm Israel, the arabs/muslims that surround them would push them into the sea, and kill every man, woman and child.

I was amazed when they gave up the Golan heights -- check out a topographical map and consider the range of modern artillery...

It's all a tremendous mess, and no end in sight. That's why I say "let them fight it out."

DD

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not think that there will be peace in that area until one of the two groups are gone.

Which one will be gone?

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,411 Posts
The arabic (Iranian? Syrian? Whatever...) hope and push to gain nuclear weapons either on the black market or home-grown is in all likelihood intended to someday destroy Israel. The Israelis know it, we know it, hell, the dog catcher in Bratislava knows it. Every time somebody ramps up for it the Mossad knows it and the IDF squashes it. Nobody smarter than a water flea believes any of the "peaceful" BS the arabs spout. Any NBC weapon used against Israel better kill 'em all or the Israelis will trigger a retribution so terrible that the rest of the world will blanch in absolute horror, not the fake crap the Europeans are always mouthing. The US will not be able to hold 'em back--the Israelis will be remorseless. I hope it never happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts