Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will some one help with this r guns sniper? I see little indication that this is a sniper except on the receipt. "IZZY PU SNIPER CONDITION (EXCELLENT). There is no scope number. I have made several mistakes when trying to buy a PU and these are pointed out early and often. If I have angered some one I have not been told. I don't know how to go back and read old post maybe some one told me to drop dead in one of those.
The TULA ex sniper I got has a perfect sniper trigger, the IZZY does not. I know I have stated that I think that a 800 dollar rifle should match as close as possible, have a sniper trigger. I have questioned if R guns is making snipers out of old stock. An IZZY is pretty easy to fake and like board members say, it takes someone that really knows about them then.
This is the bolt that is on my '44 R guns IZZY, it looks like the heaviest re-worked part of the rifle. I can see a concave where the old SN was ground off. The knob is not round there is a lot of grinding around the bend. I saw a picture of a bolt done by a board member that does bolts and his was really smooth compared to this. Also the most bothersome is the fact that the recv'r is not ground or milled (lathe) and there is no sign of a scope number on the recv'r. It's perfectly smooth.
This has the R guns logo on the top right behind the sn
The TULA EX I have is illegible along the lower left recv'r right next to the stock.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
What is an IZZY?

·
Registered
468 Posts
One of these is a real sniper bolt, the other is a reproduction.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. The one that looks like his bolt is the real one.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,412 Posts
The "HB" prefix in not crylic so that bolt can't be Russian. I'm guessing its the "fake" one unless it came off of a Hungarian M52 sniper.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,412 Posts
eh, nevermind. Guess I know just enough to get me in trouble!

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,091 Posts
It's an abbreviation IZHEVEHK arsenal in Russia one of the wartime makers of Mosins.
No ill intent intended, but it is "Izhevsk"... I zhe vsk.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,091 Posts
The one on the left is a repro.

·
Registered
24,970 Posts
Not to mention when trying to get us to guess, the old Cosmo vs. the clean new look of the repro is kind of a dead give away when side by side...... not that couldn't be faked, but it was just the first thing I noticed.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I wasn't trying to make you guys guess. I wanted to show the op an original bolt that basically looks like his compared to a repro bolt. I thought it was obvious.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What are your thoughts on this bolt, it's doesn't look right to m ecompared to all the bolts that I have seen on here. This bolt is off an R sniper rifle and it looks really bad. Both bolts in
the pictures look better than mine does. There are grind marks all over it.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
my ati sniper bolt looks a bit like yours mantis, they're not all perfect, but i have to agree that overall your specific sniper isn't the best looking one in my book. I've seen nicer ones from rguns, less refurbed with all mathcing numbers etc. Then again, they weren't build to look pretty :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I appreciate the answers. Yeah, I thought it was kinda muttish too. I asked the lady that answers the ph to find me a nice one, the TULA is better. I wanted a nice TULA I was hoping for a nice whatever Izzy. The recp't reads "PU sniper (excellent))."
I asked them for a rifle that had little or no refurb, the reason I held off on buying one for so long. Then I saw a post of an original one and thought they got into a new crate and found some. I thought the numbers should match for 800 bucks. I was wrong. The numbers don't even match the paper work

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.