Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here has been to Beltring? Tell us about it; where to stay, what to do, see, drink and eat? How many days does it run, where, exactly is it, all that good stuff. Doing some long range planning.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
It usually runs through Wed. to Sun. though Friday onwards is the day when most of the traders will open up. As for where, see http://www.thehopfarm.co.uk/
There is a breakfast bar on site which serves from about 08:00 as I recall, and numerous ratburger vans. Daily entrance is an extortionate price, and most people will try to get in without paying if they can, although opportunities for this have been greatly reduced in recent years. It takes a couple of days to walk around all the stalls, even walking straight past ones you're not interested in. The sanitation arrangements usually break down after a day or two. 'Beltring weather' is usually hot and humid, though this year heavy rain turned it into a sea of mud. How anyone got their 2WD vehicles out I don't know. Night is disturbed by numerous idiots driving around without good cause, raising dust and making noise. In the past emergency vehicle sirens have been sounded constantly without good cause, causing real emergencies to be taken lightly. I think they have stamped on that now. A large amount of theft goes on, and one should guard one's possessions or merchandise closely.

·
Registered
880 Posts
If you have never been to Beltring, you have to go at least once in a lifetime. Beltring is almost a right of passage for any collector, aficionado of militaria, military arms or military vehicles. Just try and imagine 40 acres (I think) of everything that one can and could imagine. It is like Knob Creek in the USA..you have to go once in a lifetime. I try and go on a regular basis and it is like old home week. People from all over the world are there: some you want to see again and others...never again. Check out the website" Beltring War and Peace show.

·
27,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been to Knob Creek, (going again next week); So I have a good idea that this is a MUST DO gunshow/militaria show. Thanks for your replies.
limpetmine

·
27,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
de-acts

I won't be in the market for working arms. Might be a bit of trouble at Gatwick getting back across the pond!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.