Gunboards Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

· Administrator
57,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am at Walmart scanning and bagging my almost $300 worth of groceries while the employee that wants $15 an hour "monitors" and then this happened.
Her - why are you double bagging all of your groceries?
Me - excuse me?
Her - you are wasting our bags!
Me - if you don't like the way I'm bagging the groceries, feel free to come on over here and bag them yourself.
Her - that's not my job!
Me - okay, then I will bag my groceries how I please if that's all right with you.
Her - why are you using two bags?!
Me - because the bags are weak and I don't want the handles to break or the bottoms to rip out.
Her - well that's because you are putting too much stuff in the bag. If you took half of that stuff out and put it in a different bag then you wouldn't need to double bag.
*10 seconds of me just staring at her.
Me - so you want me to split these items in half and put half of them in a different bag so that I don't have to double bag.
Her - exactly.
Me - so I would still be using two bags to hold the same number of items.
Her - no because you wouldn't be double bagging.
*me pressing two fingers to my left eye in an attempt to make it stop twitching.
Me - okay so here I have a jug of milk and a bottle of juice double bagged. If I take the milk out and remove the double bagging and just put the milk in the single bag and the juice in that single bag I'm still using two bags for these two items.
Her- no because you are not double bagging them so it's not the same number of bags.
*me looking around at about 10 other customers who at this point are enjoying the show.
Me- is this like that Common Core math stuff I keep hearing about?
Her- never mind you just don't get it.
And with that, she went back to her little Podium so she could continue texting or playing games on her phone or whatever it was she was doing before she decided to come over and critique my bagging skills.

· Registered
33 Posts
That was funny!!

Way back when you had to call a company to place an order to be shipped people who have lived here all their lives often had trouble getting things ordered. When they told the person on the other end of the phone they lived in New Mexico the response was often "I'm sorry, we don't ship out of country.........." Geography, not taught in school for decades......... :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
EVERY MILSURP TELLS A STORY
407 Posts
So I am at Walmart scanning and bagging my almost $300 worth of groceries while the employee that wants $15 an hour "monitors" and then this happened.
Her - why are you double bagging all of your groceries?
Me - excuse me?
Her - you are wasting our bags!
Me - if you don't like the way I'm bagging the groceries, feel free to come on over here and bag them yourself.
Her - that's not my job!
Me - okay, then I will bag my groceries how I please if that's all right with you.
Her - why are you using two bags?!
Me - because the bags are weak and I don't want the handles to break or the bottoms to rip out.
Her - well that's because you are putting too much stuff in the bag. If you took half of that stuff out and put it in a different bag then you wouldn't need to double bag.
*10 seconds of me just staring at her.
Me - so you want me to split these items in half and put half of them in a different bag so that I don't have to double bag.
Her - exactly.
Me - so I would still be using two bags to hold the same number of items.
Her - no because you wouldn't be double bagging.
*me pressing two fingers to my left eye in an attempt to make it stop twitching.
Me - okay so here I have a jug of milk and a bottle of juice double bagged. If I take the milk out and remove the double bagging and just put the milk in the single bag and the juice in that single bag I'm still using two bags for these two items.
Her- no because you are not double bagging them so it's not the same number of bags.
*me looking around at about 10 other customers who at this point are enjoying the show.
Me- is this like that Common Core math stuff I keep hearing about?
Her- never mind you just don't get it.
And with that, she went back to her little Podium so she could continue texting or playing games on her phone or whatever it was she was doing before she decided to come over and critique my bagging skills.
Left Wally W. Last night with a large military duffle full of clothes to donate to the hospital for patients. Having paid, I drove the cart between two fools. A young woman in civilian clothes,with phone, slumped against one wall. Opposite her a fat dirty man with a cloth security badge pinned to his shirt. The woman says "you buy that here"? I replied " no that's my duffle ". Mr. security says "you're supposed to check it". The woman snaps " I ain't checking nothin. You do it!". I pedaled my cart to the car. They continued arguing until I was out of earshot. Jeff

· Registered
22,055 Posts
You can fix Stupid, problem is we won't pay the price to do it.

The gene pool has no life guards, a visit to Walmart will illustrate that immediately.

With no one speaking English at Walmart, this is not a place to ask help for assistance . You either find it or forget it. Good Grief...ask someone for help...they are from Ghana and don't know so they go ask the person who came from Kenya and a heated discussion erupts then both confused take you to the floor supervisor who is from Somalia and although well meaning, can't make sense of what the Ghana / Kenyan communications means so asks you and of course you speak English and the nice person from Somalia gives you the pig looking at wrist watch look...

Venetian Blinds...don't do it , its too painful to ask where they hide them.

I do enjoy some human dynamics in Walmart where most there crowding aisles are Spanish speakers and think as you walk by, that you don't have a clue what is being said... I can spot that look and like to casually pass by and over my shoulder say ...Te Entiendo. The reaction is priceless.

Yeah I double bag, law of gravity defeats a single cheap Walmart bag.

· Registered
2,294 Posts
I do a lot...among other things...I bring my own bag; and it's not plastic...so, aside from the "plastic" thing, I trust its capacity and attempt to cut out (almost predictable) interactions with our new crop of "wizards" at the register.

Cuts down on needless garbage, too.

But...as I said...this is no Golden Age.

· Registered
Love em
186 Posts
It must be a more regional thing at Walmarts. I think the larger problems with Walmart exists in the larger metros..I am in a fairly small town..I suppose that makes a huge difference in the quality of the service too.. I do not frequent them often..But around here they are English speaking..My future Daughter and Law works there, she makes decent money, is as friendly as a Girl can be and is not stupid by any means....And I have had a few other friends that have worked there..Not all Walmarts are bad..Ours is clean, for the most part, have half way intelligent English speaking employees..Not all are smart, but probably no less the average Retail outlet..

I hate Walmart because of their stupid self checkout..That is one of the main reasons I do frequent their doors often. I have a few others too..But sadly until the next big chain comes along and takes the crown..They are what we have. People complain about them alot..But sorry they are a necessary evil right now..

I have seen what has happened to the price of ammo too because of the idiotic move by Walmart..It would still be a lot cheaper if others did not lose their main competitor..If Walmart still carried Handgun ammo..9mm would probably be 8.00 a box right now..

· Registered
384 Posts
Presumably shops in the US don't charge their customers for bags, like what happens in the UK?

By law shops in the UK have to charge if a customer wants a plastic bag when buying something.
Washington and Oregon passed a ban on plastic bags sometime last year. The stores still provide plastic bags but at a cost. I witnessed the outrage of some costumers when they were told plastic bags were no longer free. A few times some customers would storm out of the store with both hands full of items because they refused to pay for the bags.

· Registered
1,525 Posts
I handed a young man working behind the counter a bill and some change, so I was expecting a few bills and some change in return....It wasn't anything a person with a minor amount of math skills couldn't have solved in their heads, but he proceeded to short change me....Unable to make the simple conversions, he preceded to call the manager over.....After coming to the register and having a short conversation, he then pulls out his app and proceeded to use the calculator function....

Another time I was in a fast-food restaurant.... A young person who was in training and waiting on me while being shadowed by the manager....The youth was having a hard time making simple change and was slowly counting the coins as they were being pulled out of the till....Having already calculated my refund quickly in my head, I had to help this young person come up with the right change....The manager smiled and looked at me and asked if I wanted a job....Sadly, both are true stories....Bodes

· Registered
10,521 Posts
No more plastic bags here in NJ, the stores are selling bags with their logo. I have a 50 year old L.L. Bean canvas bag with leather handles that I am pressing back into service. One neighbor took my advice, got heavy duty plastic crates.
One bag, I made a bottom out of 3 pieces of stiff cardboard for milk jugs, etc.

· Registered
248 Posts
Reminds me of a guy I used to work with. We mailed a monthly work newsletter, and I was slipping them into envelopes. He tried to tell me if you folded them in half and used a smaller envelope, it would weigh less...

I asked him if his mom had any kids that lived.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.