Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this gun about a week ago and believe it’s 1939 or 1940 from the research I’ve done… would like to see if there’s any high power gurus to help with narrowing down the date and also curious what the value is??
Brown Outerwear Sleeve Wood Font

· Registered
3,360 Posts
Welcome to Gunboards. I can't tell much from the one picture. We need close up pictures of both sides and the top of the slide as well as any markings on the holster or stock. We can't tell much without them.
Regards
Dan

· Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
105,315 Posts
Date of manufacture - I would say within a few months before the Germans took over. Hi Powers in the low 42,000 range were in the armories etc when the Germans took over as is indicated by the markings on those Hi Powers. It seems that in the 44000 range, the early ones are not 613 marked, the middle ones lack all of the Belgian proofs & the very higher ones in the 44,000 range were 613 marked.

The stock & holster looks legit. There are very very few pre-war stocks with holsters attached. Subject to an in person examination, it could be worth a couple thousand or so or more. Actually, I would say that the holster stock is worth more than the pistol.

The pistol - since nothing special appears - would be worth the usual amount for a pre war one.

Hope this helps.

PS - personally I would want the holster stock over the pistol.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Date of manufacture - I would say within a few months before the Germans took over. Hi Powers in the low 42,000 range were in the armories etc when the Germans took over as is indicated by the markings on those Hi Powers. It seems that in the 44000 range, the early ones are not 613 marked, the middle ones lack all of the Belgian proofs & the very higher ones in the 44,000 range were 613 marked.

The stock & holster looks legit. There are very very few pre-war stocks with holsters attached. Subject to an in person examination, it could be worth a couple thousand or so or more. Actually, I would say that the holster stock is worth more than the pistol.

The pistol - since nothing special appears - would be worth the usual amount for a pre war one.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Thanks brother it does help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts