Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I'm pretty sure that the Venezuelan FN49 didn't ever use a short length bayonet common to European versions, I'm trying to learn whether the muzzle ring and latch spacing on a Belgian SAFN bayonet will fit and lock onto a Vene. 49.
The Euro type seem to be easier to find and maybe even less expensive than the original sword type that I have seen identified as appropriate for the Venezuelan contract rifles.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Wizard. I just wasn't sure about the diameter of the slotted Vene muzzle break and how it compared to the muzzle treatment (or lack of) of the other contract variants.

·
Registered
979 Posts
i'm pretty sure a regular fn49 bayonet will not fit a vene fn-49. as far as I know from the books I have the only bayonets fitted to the venezualan are the sword type which has a larger bayonet ring diameter so it will fit over the muzzle break. there is a fn-49 on gunbroker right now that comes with a regular fn bayonet but it was not meant for a vene. perhaps someone enlarged the bayonet ring on that one???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts