Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
in my State in Australia there is no contingency for cannon, provided that I don't disturb livestock, property or personnel and comply to explosive law, as well as not physically aiming(touching) the cannon when it fires then it is not classed as a firearm...

it does not need registration but I require a gun license to purchase powder etc.

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Next is the Bedouin Shabria found in a tool box drawer. It took a little dickering to get out of buying the entire beat up box full of junk. But $20 later, it was mine.

The shabria is in poor condition. The wooden grip handle is cracked on both sides, and likely once had a metal covering. The blade, which has an illegible roundel and signature, has dark splotchy patina. It has many scratches, dull edges and rounded point.

The scabbard appears to be two pieces of thinly sliced horn, and covered with decorative stamped copper on the front and tin with a soldered belt loop on the back. The two halves are crimped together and wrapped with wire and a silver band.

I wouldn't dare to guess the age. Some pics and thanks for looking.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Next is the Bedouin Shabria found in a tool box drawer. It took a little dickering to get out of buying the entire beat up box full of junk. But $20 later, it was mine.

The shabria is in poor condition. The wooden grip handle is cracked on both sides, and likely once had a metal covering. The blade, which has an illegible roundel and signature, has dark splotchy patina. It has many scratches, dull edges and rounded point.

The scabbard appears to be two pieces of thinly sliced horn, and covered with decorative stamped copper on the front and tin with a soldered belt loop on the back. The two halves are crimped together and wrapped with wire and a silver band.

I wouldn't dare to guess the age. Some pics and thanks for looking.

Love the knife! I'm fascinated with all things Beduoin.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
One of the big failures of the younger generation is if it ain't electronic they can't communicate! They have totally forgotten how to use their mouths and lips or God forbid the written words! They walk around mindlessly punching buttons and miss half of the world and what it has to offer. Someday take the time to stop at a yard sale with all the gabbling women and ask the one running it do you have any old knives or guns you want to get rid of. You have to do it quietly and discretely and maybe they may beckon you to the side away from everyone else and say yes but I need to wait till people go away for a bit. I found an original sword bayonet and several others in a box behind the garage door for a whole $18. It brought me at least $500 profit and two rifles later in the day. Today we move so fast and so electronically we have lost the basic art of speaking and communicating the old fashioned way. It is a shame what many miss! Bill

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Wow! Nice Martin!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,622 Posts
Out here in CA, the upper end of yard sales typically result in over-priced colonial/revolutionary (or later) antique furniture (if you are lucky).

Other than that, it's typically other people's garbage...and not really worth sifting through.

I have NEVER found any militaria collectibles at yard sales...

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.