Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Jesus H. and all the saints! If that thing is a real artifact (and it sure looks like it) you have one helluva find there. Talk about history, a lot of museums would be interested in that. At a Yard Sale???? I really have to start going to those things.
+1 patchnball. One member on here got a $100 Carcano with ammo recently, and now THIS? I've got to get my butt out yard sale'n.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Next is the Bedouin Shabria found in a tool box drawer. It took a little dickering to get out of buying the entire beat up box full of junk. But $20 later, it was mine.

The shabria is in poor condition. The wooden grip handle is cracked on both sides, and likely once had a metal covering. The blade, which has an illegible roundel and signature, has dark splotchy patina. It has many scratches, dull edges and rounded point.

The scabbard appears to be two pieces of thinly sliced horn, and covered with decorative stamped copper on the front and tin with a soldered belt loop on the back. The two halves are crimped together and wrapped with wire and a silver band.

I wouldn't dare to guess the age. Some pics and thanks for looking.

Love the knife! I'm fascinated with all things Beduoin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.