Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hopefully inheriting a Beaumont and need some help with cleaning it, dissasembly, and am wondering why the forestock is SOOO short? I am thinking that it broke, and my G Grandpa "trimmed" it down. Anyone know where to get a replacement? Will post some pics. I belive it was made in 1874. ANY HELP is appreciated. Wood Room Floor Property Countertop
Wood Brown Gun Firearm Rifle
Brown Wood Gun Trigger Hardwood
Brown Gun Wood Firearm Trigger
Wood Brown Hardwood Tan Metal

·
Registered
67 Posts
It comes apart pretty easily. Just take out the screws, but be careful. The screw securing the bolt body to the head (picture 4) does not look original. If you take it out, the bolt parts separate and come out. The threads may have been messed up with a non standard screw. The bolt spring is in the handle. It can come out, but they are reputed to be fragile. I have never broken one, however.

Be careful not to lose the ejector (if it is still there) in the groove on the left side of the receiver. It is fairly big, but lots of them disappear.

It was probably shortened to make it into a sporter rifle, like many others. Replacement stocks sometimes come up but it is rare.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.