Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being single I joke that every time my birthday rolls around my two fox terriers manage to find something nice to get me. This time they out did themselves! A couple of weeks ago I got an email from Rossguy on the eve of my b'day with a list of Ross "orphans" for adoption. His Ross collection is second to none so even his "castoffs" are unobtanium. For once I had the coin available and the biggest problem was making a choice. After some soul searching and lots of photos from Rossguy I selected a commercial MKII** Match rifle (I consider this the Canadian equivalent of a 1903 NM rifle). I picked it up from the post office today and nearly fell over when I opened the shipping case. The photos from my old Kodak don't do it justice. Wish I had the D70 available, but these will just have to do.
I took photos of the MKII Match with my MKII 3* for comparison. The most obvious differences on the Match rifle are the deletion of the barrel mounted sight, the receiver mounted Canada Tool & Specialty sight, a longer, heavier target barrel, no cutoff, no rear sling swivel and commercial grade finish furniture. The trigger on the Match rifle is markedly improved over the military version. Can't wait to work up some target loads and hit the range!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Niiiiiiice doggies!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.