Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone know what ther waffen code would be for a dual code BCD/BNZ 4 K98 stock. I am starting the hunt for parts on my new sporter purchase and want to make sure I am chasing the correct parts. My other BCD 4 sport stock did not have waffen marks on it and the stock was more of a blond color. It only had a small eagle with an H below it. It has a faint eagle on the bottom of the stock and it kind of looks like a 135. Would that be possible. I know BYF supplied the stamped triggers to BCD in 1944. There were manufacturing dates in channell but no waffen stamps.The barrell bands did not have waffens either. I need an expert here.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
The bcd/bnz rifles were bcd receivers assembled at Steyr so the stock should be a standard bnz WaA623 marked stock. The bbl bands should be the stamped type and also 623 proofed. Locking bar should also be 623 proofed.
Good luck, bnz stocks are hard to find.
Course you could save yourself all that hassel by selling me the rifle and let me worry about it. :>))
Sarge

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think I may have found a stock

Hi Sarge,
I have found 623 stock but it has WaA77 stamps on machined bands. I looked on my manufacturing chart for K98's and it says that in 1944 Steyr was using both 623 and 77 stamps.
As far as selling the gun I think I am way upsided down on it now at $500.00 including shipping and transfer. I would need get alot more out of it to make it worth my while.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Do the stock & bands match? If so then they are for a different rifle because the dual code would have been assembled with only 623 parts and at the mid 44 period when the dual codes were made would have had all stamped parts - bbl bands, trigger guard, floor plate and follower. The last 3 very likely would have E135 proofs.
Steyer Never used both 77 & 623. 77 was Radom, which Steyr supervised. Radom made & shipped parts to Steyr for assembly from 1940-45. Radom also produced a limited nr of rifles, but had to get bbls & stocks from Steyr or elsewhere because they never made those 2 parts.
Sarge

1 - 4 of 4 Posts