Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased my first k98 and was looking some assistance. I have researched all of the proof stamps and am clear of manufactures proofs all with the exception of a single square proof on the barrel, and also the suffix behind SSN. I don't believe its a RC but wanting a higher authority to chime in. I believe this to be all matching with the exception of the firing pin and cocking piece. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The x is the letter block with the serial number. Rifle looks too be a decent bolt mismatched piece though. The numbers on the bolt handle area I believe were missed with too make it look matching. Fonts are not correct and the numbers are off.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The bolt has been tampered with, nevertheless it's a nice Gustloff. On the butt of the stock I can recognize a part of the stock completion date. The 32 43 is visible. Do you recognize a single number in front of the 32?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone for the information all though a little disappointing. As for the first digit there is a B on the far left of the butt other than that I cannot say with certainty but possibly a 1 or 7 in front of the 32. I've tried in different light taking pictures and magnifying them but still no luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.