Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently acquired a stutzen. I have just about finished making her look pretty but she needs a bayonet. This may a stupid question but will a long gun bayonet fit or easily altered to fit the stutzen. Also, where are all the stutzen parts? Can you use carbine parts? Already made the mistake of ordering wrong parts.
Thank you for your time

·
Administrator
11,878 Posts
What exactly stutzen - Werndl, Mannlicher, etc.? The only M.95 long bayonets are for the Gendarmerie and the Leibgarde, which will fit any M.95 with a bayonet lug. Only they are so rare that it is unlikely you will find one.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess I am not as educated about this as I thought. All I know is that the dealer told me it was a stutzen and confirmed by a think tank of people at another forum site. It is a M96 and made in Austria and year of manufacture appears to be 05. Like I said I am new at this. Oh it is also 8x50

·
Administrator
11,878 Posts
Assuming you have a M.95 stutzen, karabiner-stutzen or stutzen-karabiner, here are a few:

Here is the original stutzen-bajonett with an auxiliary sight:

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Any m.95 bayonet should fit. I say should because there can be some tolerance build ups here and there that cause some binding. If it is in 8x50 and not been rebuilt, then a nice fit is much more likely.

If it is an original gun, look for a bayonet with the small blade sight on the muzzle ring as Nick has shown. Harder to find, but more appropriate.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
An aid to spotting one, is that the 'cutting' edge is along the top - the reverse of more usual patterns.

·
Administrator
11,878 Posts
And if you are extremely lucky you may find this stutzenbajonett with field added sight:

As shown in a book:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is great. Looks like Inga (that's her name) will be getting some bling tonight

·
Administrator
11,878 Posts
Inga? Stutzen is masculine gender...

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Its enough found a Bayonet with additional sight on barell ring, exact carbine or Stutzen should be confirmed, Nco or normal configuration would be the variety.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts