Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a Pattern 1907 bayonet with scabbard, manufactured August 1918 by Sanderson, with an Enfield I bought.

Anyone have any idea what it's worth?

TIA

·
Registered
901 Posts
Bearing in mind that Wilkinson and Sanderson manufactured the majority of Pattern 1907 bayonets, and 1917-1918 were years of high production, anywhere between $30USD and $70USD should be about right,depending on condition, in my experience.

I have nearly thirty Pattern 1907 bayonets, and late-war examples can be had fairly cheaply. Of course, here in Australia, they seem to go for more. For me, most of mine have come from ebay from the US, Canada and the UK.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
901 Posts
G'day Greg,

I may be wrong, but from what I understand, a heap of Aussie-made bayonets went overseas with the Jovino rifles in the early 90s. They seem to turn up fairly frequently for on the auction sites, being sold from the US. It is true, it's easy enough to find Wilkinson or Sanderson bayos in Australia, but the Aussie-made ones are harder to find and more expensive. Strange that.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
544 Posts
I recently got a Pattern 1907 bayonet with scabbard, manufactured August 1918 by Sanderson, with an Enfield I bought.

Anyone have any idea what it's worth?

TIA
It's a pretty garden variety 1918 Wilkinson that was inpsected again in 1927 ... about US$30-70.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts