Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a local gun shop and saw a bayonet that I knew was English, but didn't know if it would fit my 1918 Ishapore, I rolled the dice it didn't fit, I did some investigating on the web and think I have a Pattern 1888 Mk1 2nd model. please let me know if I'm wrong, what would it possible be worth? Or any additional info !

The scabbard that came with it doesn't appear to be correct, I think it might be for a Mauser, the frog is stamped 1915 on the back, any info on it would be appreciated.

I would be looking for a No.1 Mk III bayonet for my Ishapore, could I get a straight up trade, or is mine worth a lot more?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
It does appear to be a '88, in rather sad shape, and with a Germanic scabbard (which might be worth something to someone who wants one. I think you will have to work hard to move this one.

·
Registered
205 Posts
A possibility....the Turks were well known for picking up bayonets from the battlefield and reworking them to fit their Mausers. I have a box full of such trinkets from back in the day when the Turk Mausers were selling for $39.95 and I bought a couple dozen, and each came with a bayonet. Quite a variety. German made ersatz with metal grips, bayonets originally made for other Mausers, etc., including some that were originally English. They have most of the markings removed, but the broad arrow is still there on most of them. If you've got a 8mm Turk available give it a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts