Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
The Germans used a different attach system on their service rifle. The bayonets I have seen for the m/96, m/38, and m94 are all Swedish made with Swedish manufacturer stamps. So far I remember there were three companies that manufactured bayonets. 1. Carl Gustafs Stads Gevaersfaktori-Eskilstuna (Stamp "C"). 2. Erik Anton Berg-Eskilstuna (Stamp "EAB"). 3. Eskilstuna Jernmanufactur- Eskilstuna (Stamp "EJ crown AB").
Never seen an Oberndorf made m/96 Bayonet, don't know if there were trial examples made in Germany???

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,683 Posts
About 665,000 M96 bayonets were made .

Eskilstuna Jernmanufactur AB made the first 280,000 from 1899-1912 . The first 10,000 of these had 4 digit serial numbers . Never seen one myself . You would have a RARE M96 bayonet if you find one with the 4 digit serial number .

Carl Gustaf took over M96 bayonet production in 1913 .

Erik Anton Berg AB made a smaller quantity of M96 bayonets . Date & number unknown .

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,683 Posts
All the M96 bayonets fit the M96 , M38 or AG42b rifles . If your bayonet has a " Crown/C " on it ( 1913 or later ) , it was made after the first 280,000 " EJAB " bayonets . So , it is not an early bayonet .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.