Gunboards Forums banner

Battleship Gray Enfield No2MkI**

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  breakeyp 
#1 ·
I have acquired a No2MkI** Enfield revolver serial#ZB90XX that has a battleship gray enamel finish. The finish looks original and is not a Bubba GunKote job. I have seen Belgium Hi-Power Pistols with the same finish. Does anyone have any information about this revolver. I do not have the ability to post photos. Thank you for your assistance.

#2 ·
Have examined many hundreds of Enfield revolvers over the past thirty years and have yet to see one in the color your describe. Brits used either a black enamel paint or suncorite (which is also a black color) on this serial number range. IF the revolver is commercially proof marked, it is likely a bubba paint job, especially if the grey paint is down inside the proof marking imprint. If there are no commercial proofs on pistol, then I guess it may be slightly possible the paint was applied by another end user. My gut feeling is that the finish is incorrect. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.